birds of prey: who is this batgirl?

Darthphere said:
Where have you been? Ive missed you she-peep.:csad:

I've been out being an adult.

Also classes have been hitting me hard this semester, and then work..:(

I could sure got for an overdressed breakfast at IHOP.

twylight said:
I've been out being an adult.

Also classes have been hitting me hard this semester, and then work..:(

I could sure got for an overdressed breakfast at IHOP.

Me too.:woot:

Being an adult sucks. I perfur to be an emotionally crippled man child instead.

Green Lantern said:
Are you saying that that line doesn't deserve to be mocked? That line, and that book in general are trash.

no. First off, i like the book, i can see it for what it is, a diffrent universe. I like his take on it, second, Gail Simone tryes too hard to be funny, and she's 6 or 7 months late. You out of all people have no right to call any book trash for reasons i wont state here, even though you're an *******, i still respect your wishes.

There's one thing I've been wondering about when it comes to some comic book readers: why all the hate for Gail Simone? I've only read her work in Birds of Prey, so clearly there's some horrible comic she's written that I haven't read yet. I mean, other than the past 3 issues of Birds.

overall, gail did great things with the characters after chuck dixon left the book. thumbs upppp.

Manic said:
There's one thing I've been wondering about when it comes to some comic book readers: why all the hate for Gail Simone? I've only read her work in Birds of Prey, so clearly there's some horrible comic she's written that I haven't read yet. I mean, other than the past 3 issues of Birds.

I don't know, I've liked her work and I thought MOST people liked her too. I wouldn't pay too much attention to Assassin if I were you. He's like a Bizarro poster, he mostly likes what other people don't like and vice versa.:o

Manic said:
Assassin has had some sort of grudge against Gail for a long time. Flaming her is why he got banned from Comicbloc if I remember right.

twylight said:
Varient I like your idea, makes more sense than mine...I was all for the Matrix thing. :o
thanks.

Really? like This is a dream?

Tropico said:
I don't know, I've liked her work and I thought MOST people liked her too. I wouldn't pay too much attention to Assassin if I were you. He's like a Bizarro poster, he mostly likes what other people don't like and vice versa.:o

I know for some its the whole Women in Refrigerators deal, but honestly, she has a point.

Darthphere said:
I know for some its the whole Women in Refrigerators deal, but honestly, she has a point.
Please. Anyone who gets offended by the Women in Refridgerators thing needs to get a grip. I read that website once. Like you said, she has a point.

Kitsune said:
Women in Refrigerators?
It's a website created by Gail Simone. She's trying to expose a trend in comic books: female characters (be they heroines themselves or girlfriends) have a habit of getting horribly mistreated by writers. It's actually difficult to find a female comic book character who hasn't been killed, raped, maimed, depowered, or turned evil. And given how few prominent female heroines there are, it's a bit sad. It's even worse when this is used as a tragedy for a male character.

The website got the name from an issue of Green Lantern where Kyle Rayner came home to find his dead girlfriend stuffed in a refridgerator.

http://www.unheardtaunts.com/wir/women.html

Manic said:
It's a website created by Gail Simone. She's trying to expose a trend in comic books: female characters (be they heroines themselves or girlfriends) have a habit of getting horribly mistreated by writers. It's actually difficult to find a female comic book character who hasn't been killed, raped, maimed, depowered, or turned evil. And given how few prominent female heroines there are, it's a bit sad. It's even worse when this is used as a tragedy for a male character.

The website got the name from an issue of Green Lantern where Kyle Rayner came home to find his dead girlfriend stuffed in a refridgerator.

I'll check that out later... does she mention the old "Magically impregnated and given birth to a child who instantly becames adult" both Marvel and DC have pulled that one.

<edit>
Yup they have Warbird there, haven't seen Powergirl yet...
<reedit>
Yup., it's there too.

Manic said:

hmph - words:

Black Cat.

Star Girl

Huntress

Powergirl

Supergirl

Starfire

Big Barda

Dr. Light
(Iffy,... she recently got her power beat out of her by the original Dr. Light,.. but I saw her a few books back using them so I don't know for sure.)

Based on the logic above I don't know ANY SUPERHERO WHO HASN'T BEEN BEAT.

Ditto for D-powered temporarely by something or someone.

No sympathy here,... they still die in lower levels than "other groups" I could mention.

V.

Varient said:
thanks.

Really? like This is a dream?

No, not as a dream *geez I hate when they pull that*

I hate that they retconned Matrix Supergirl, even if I did hate the idea of her character, but I thought that with the 'meta' powers displayed this might be the 'reincarnation' somehow of the Matrix, becoming Batgirl instead of supergirl since there is no Batgirl anymore..kinda twisted I know but it made sense when I read it late at night. :(

Varient said:
hmph - words:

Black Cat.

Star Girl

Huntress

Powergirl

Supergirl

Starfire

Big Barda

Dr. Light
(Iffy,... she recently got her power beat out of her by the original Dr. Light,.. but I saw her a few books back using them so I don't know for sure.)

Based on the logic above I don't know ANY SUPERHERO WHO HASN'T BEEN BEAT.

Ditto for D-powered temporarely by something or someone.

No sympathy here,... they still die in lower levels than "other groups" I could mention.

V.

But how many boyfriends of Heroines are killed/beaten to send the heroine through trama?

Then compare the amount of Girlfriends, heroine or civilian of Heroes who have been killed/beaten to send the Hero through trama.

Varient said:
Huntress which one? the First died, the second was sexually abused.

Supergirl brutally killed by the Anti-Monitor, heroic death it may be, but brutal none the less.

Starfire because every male hero is raped, tortured and abused after being enslaved.

V.
They may "Die" in lower levels, but they are more often brutally killed, raped, tortured, or sexually assaulted than ANY other "group"

Green Lantern said:
Assassin has had some sort of grudge against Gail for a long time. Flaming her is why he got banned from Comicbloc if I remember right.

I'm not banned. I was suspended for a day because i said Dwayne mcduffie sounded like a *****e bag in an interview wher ehe slams Geoff Johns and DC comics. the original suspention was a week.

Gail PMed me and asked me to stop posting on her page, but she took it back because she misunderstood me.

I dont hate her, just her god awfull birds of prey:woot:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"