Black Panther or Ant-Man?

Nightwing 52

Things change
Reaction score
Both are classic Avengers and have amazing story potential for their own films and beyond. With BP we know a new writer was hired to pen the script and the latest news came last summer where it seemed Marvel was attempting to get someone to play Killmonger. With Ant-Man, we already know where Wright intends to take the film and waiting until he makes his move for further progression.

T'Challa and Hank have been around for years and their connection to the MCU should be no different. With Black Panther it's been a little more hinted at here and there, with Favreau confirming a long while back that the African land mark on the SHIELD map was indeed a nod to BP and Wakanda (as well as Cap at the time). And then there's the powerful Vibranium, mentioned in C:TFA. Perhaps the trend will continue in The Avengers and maybe even a mention of Hank and Jan. We'll see.

One thing's for sure - We're guaranteed something new with both films. Black Panther: Action, adventure, the rise of a king and the debut of the technologically advanced Wakanda. With Ant-Man you incorporate science and how it could look visually in today's film world.

Marvel's trend seems to be giving character's film with the intention of making more. Black Panther and Ant-Man like Cap can carry on their own trilogies if successful and can also have roles into the Avengers as they did for so many years in the comics.

So SHH - Black Panther or Ant-Man? :awesome:

Black Panther. Black Panther all the way if I had to choose just one. I just see more potential with him

I admit I dont know a lot about Ant Man, but it's just really hard for me to picture a commercially successful or even a movie that's interesting to me personally

Last edited:
Ant man and the wasp for me. The dynamic between them and the dawning of ultron sounds mighty tasty!!

Black Panther. Black Panther all the way if I had to choose just one. I just see more potential with him

I admit I dont know a lot about Ant Man, but it's just really hard for me to picture a commercially successful or even a movie that's interesting to me personally

Much more potential, imo.

To me the Panther is much like Cap.

Hank & Jan both bring something differant to the table.

I always loved the Panther though since being introduced in FF.

I vote just Ant Man :( No wife beating though, I hated that and Hank's downfall more then "Demon in Bottle"

Last edited:
I was thinking more like hank and jan in the recent avengers cartoon.

I personally prefer Panther over Ant-Man. I'd be afraid Pym would be another extended trailer for the next Avengers whereas Panther has more room to give us something different, with the African setting, and more room for solo films. Thats just my two cents.

As far as which character would bring more to the table in a solo film I say Black Panther, but as far as what they could bring to an Avengers film. Both characters are very important Avengers, but what gives Hank teh edge is the fact that he brings Ultron who's one of the greatest Avengers villains as well as Vision (another important Avengers).

So I voted for Ant Man because I'm one of the people who want to see Ultron as the main villain in Avengers 2, but I don't see why we can't get both films during Phase 2 of the MCU.

Panther's cool an all, but Hank brings soooo much to the table. Ant-Man,Giant.Man, Wasp, Ultron, Vision, Wonder Man, Jocasta, & Grim Reaper. Part Dr. Doolittle ( Talks to Ants), part Dr. Frankenstien ( Ultron ). The Scientist Supreme. He's been around longer than any other Avenger but Cap. Before Hulk, Thor or Iron Man! Yeah, Hank got my vote.

Both

What if they were the two untitled Marvel films scheduled for 2014?

That would be too awesome for words.

But if I could only choose one for the next Avenger intro film, I'd choose Ant-man right before Avengers 2 and Black Panther can wait till right before Avengers 3.

Both, but if i had to pick one it'd be Ant-Man. The character just opens so many possibilities up. Ultron, for example. You need Pym to have Ultron, and Ultron is one of the best villains Marvel has, so...

If I had to pick one, Black Panther by far. He has more stories and an actual rogues gallery.

Not to take away from Hank, he really shines in an ensemble situation, and I'd love to see him in Avengers... though with Edgar Wright's thing, that's not really possible... but he's a great character. If Pym could be part of the MCU Avengers, it'd be a tie. If there were any direction to go with Ant Man after a solo film and an Avengers showing, it'd be close.

But dang. Black Panther? Brand new hidden nation? Cool gadgets? Batman-like badassness? Political intrigue and marital arts bonanzas? Sign me the heck up. Killmonger, and his posse? Klaw and his mercs? Dora Milaje, Hetut Zeraze, Panther God? He has a rich, fresh universe all his own. I gotta give it to T'Challa.

And OP, you know you're wrong for putting these two great characters against each other. Especially since both movies are being prepped.

That's a hard damn choice, but from a cinematic standpoint, I'd go with Black Panther before Ant-Man. Black Panther would be an almost guaranteed sale; you've got exotic locations and cultures, a fantastic adventure, a really cool character with a really cool costume, and you've got the first real black superhero for Marvel Studios. (Nick Fury is great and all, but we haven't actually seen him become an actual "superhero" yet --- although I'm sure Avengers will reveal him to be more than just a badass ops director with a cool eyepatch and scars.)

both, of course. both are integral parts of the MU and should be integral parts of the MCU as well.
those two - and Dr. Strange - should be the additions to the MCU in Phase 2.

Panther's cool an all, but Hank brings soooo much to the table. Ant-Man,Giant.Man, Wasp, Ultron, Vision, Wonder Man, Jocasta, & Grim Reaper. Part Dr. Doolittle ( Talks to Ants), part Dr. Frankenstien ( Ultron ). The Scientist Supreme. He's been around longer than any other Avenger but Cap. Before Hulk, Thor or Iron Man! Yeah, Hank got my vote.

Lol there was no Avengers before Hulk, Thor, or Iron Man. :oldrazz:

Lol there was no Avengers before Hulk, Thor, or Iron Man. :oldrazz:

Hulk, Thor, Iron Man, Ant-Man and Wasp, I think you mean.
That was what the guy was trying to say. Technically, there are five "First Avengers" --- the ones I listed. And if you want to get even more technical, the Avenger who *first* received the call to action was Thor. Captain America is the "Sixth Avenger"; *Thor* is the "First Avenger." :yay:

but... but... CAP is the First Avenger!!!!!!111!!!!One11!!
:cmad:

Hehehehehehe :oldrazz:

That was what the guy was trying to say. Technically, there are five "First Avengers" --- the ones I listed. And if you want to get even more technical, the Avenger who *first* received the call to action was Thor. Captain America is the "Sixth Avenger"; *Thor* is the "First Avenger." :yay:

Nah I just said that because he said Ant Man was an Avenger before Hulk, Thor, and Iron Man so that's why I only named those three.

Yeah I know Thor's technically the "First Avenger" in the sense that he was called into action first AND the fact that he's over a thousand years old.

The movie should've been: Captain America: The Sixth Avenger.

Lol. I really respect Ant-Man, but this idea that because he came first in the comics he deserves something seems a little weird to me. He's not a real person, he doesn't 'deserve' anything. He is either useful, available, both or neither.

Very true, I think both characters have alot to offer the MCU and I'd like for both of their solo films to be released between now and Avengers 2.

I'ma go T'challa.He just has that batman esk badass factor that would make the avengers even more cool.and he has enough going on in his own right to make for a good solo franchise if need be.Hank kinda works better as the avenger science guy.then a solo super hero

If its cool factor then BP but if its bigger picture then its Pym. He brings more history to the table.

Ant Man

* It has gestated long enough, please respect the Director.
* The character is an alternative scientist character to both Mr Fantastic for which Marvel still doesn't have the movie rights and Iron Man which RDJ may call it quit.
* It has a better supporting character.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"