Boy Kills World (Bill Skarsgard, Jessica Rothe & Yayan Ruhian)

Kane52630

T-800 User
Reaction score
Bill Skarsgard, Samara Weaving & Yayan Ruhian Starring In ‘Boy Kills World’; Sam Raimi & Roy Lee Producing

New-Project-11.jpg

https://deadline.com/2021/10/bill-skarsgard-samara-weaving-sam-raimi-roy-lee-producing-1234851441

An enticing-looking package is coming together for Boy Kills World, an action movie set in a dystopian fever dream reality that is gearing up to shoot in South Africa.

Bill Skarsgard (Deadpool 2, It Chapter Two) will lead the cast as protagonist Boy, a deaf mute with a vibrant imagination. When his family is murdered, he escapes to the jungle and is trained by a mysterious shaman to repress his childish imagination and become an instrument of death. Also attached are Samara Weaving (Ready or Not, Bill and Ted Face the Music), who will play assassin June 27, and martial arts expert Yayan Ruhian (Star Wars: Episode VII – The Force Awakens, The Raid: Redemption), who will be Boy’s mentor.

German filmmaker Moritz Mohr is set to make his feature directing debut on the project. His previous short films include Akumi, which was an award-winner in Germany. Mohr put together a detailed previsualization of the film’s cinematic approach, which caught the eye of Sam Raimi, who will now produce the feature through his banner Raimi Productions alongside Roy Lee of Vertigo Entertainment.

Also producing are Zainab Azizi of Raimi Productions, Stuart Manashil of Novo, Dan Kagan and Andrew Childs of Vertigo Entertainment, and Reza Brojerdi of Ventaro Film. CAA Media Finance will represent domestic rights and arranged the project’s financing with Simon Swart and Wayne Fitzjohn of Nthibah Pictures and Alex Lebovici of Hammerstone Studios.

The screenplay was written by Arend Remmers (Sløborn) and Tyler Burton Smith (Kung Fury: The Movie). Nancy Nayor is casting.

Said Raimi commented, “I am thrilled to be partnering up again with Roy Lee on Moritz Mohr’s Boy Kills World. Moritz has a brilliant sense for action, humor, and world building that I just cannot wait for the world to see. We are excited to be collaborating with Nthibah and Hammerstone to bring Moritz’s unique film to life.”

Added Simon Swart, CEO of Nthibah Pictures, added, “Boy Kills World is set in a distinct dystopian world, combining real world themes with a stylized look that is fresh, cool and original, borrowing from the best of graphic novels. With a script that combines wild innovative action sequences, a sense of humor and a lot of crazy, this film has the potential to be a worldwide hit and potential franchise property.”

This is one of those movies that it's praise or criticism will come down to how well it's action is done.

Me looking at the cast and then seeing the words "Kung Fury" pop up.

disappointed-chris-farley.gif

See Bill Skarsgård's shredded new physique for upcoming 'dystopian fever-dream action thriller'

8224A766-6541-4ED1-910A-9093C8AB2566.jpeg

In the forthcoming film Boy Kills World, described as a "dystopian fever dream action thriller," Skarsgård plays Boy, a deaf mute with a vibrant imagination. When his family is murdered, he's trained by a mysterious shaman to repress his childish fantasies and become an instrument of death.

"This was an incredible journey into something completely new for me," the actor tells EW exclusively. "I had two months to learn how to pretend how to fight well. [Action coordinator] Dawe Szatarski is a wizard, and he might've just pulled it off. The abs I credit to another wizard, my main man Valdemar Fredriksson. I just showed up, slightly late."

In the exclusive first look above, a buff, shirtless Skarsgård is featured with his fists up, ready to fight. The normally svelt actor underwent a two-month martial arts crash course with Szatarski, a renowned action and fight designer who trained under Jackie Chan's longtime stunt guru, Brad Allan. Together, they developed "a unique movement style" for the 6 foot 4 actor, whose size and length "help make him an unconventional new-age action star," a rep for the film tells EW, adding, "You've never seen an actor move like this in a movie."

Damn, Bill got on his brother’s workout regimen.

Bill is reminding me of Terry Bogard with that red vest.

So this is the violent Fatal Fury/Boy Meets World movie project huh? Where were you in my life

Looks awesome! Between this and Monkey Man in April, nice!

I got about halfway into the trailer and I was like, “ARCHER!” Crazy concept. Looks like it could be a lot of fun or a straight-up trainwreck (or maybe both?) but I’m always happy to see Andrew Koji in more stuff.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"