Brad Pitt to Tackle Cogan's Trade

Hunter Rider

Ronin
Staff member
Reaction score
http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=71349

Source: The Hollywood Reporter
November 3, 2010

Brad Pitt will again work alongside writer/director Andrew Dominick as part of the ensemble cast of Cogan's Trade, according to a story at The Hollywood Reporter.

Dominick, who worked with Pitt on The Assassination of Jesse James by the Coward Robert Ford, has drafted and will helm Cogan's Trade himself. The comedic crime story is said to focus on a hit man's point person, Jackie Cogan, who becomes involved in investigating a heist against the mob.

Though Pitt is named for the lead, it is suggested that the supporting cast will be rounded out by some very high-profile names as well.

Brad Pitt has been confirmed for the film. The film is expected to begin in March in New Orleans.
http://scenelouisiana.com/exclusive-brad-pitt-returns-to-new-orleans-for-cogans-trade/2010/12/

The film is Cogan’s Trade, written and directed by Andrew Dominik, who previously worked with Pitt on the The Assassination of Jesse James by the Coward Robert Ford. Pitt will play the titular character, Jackie Cogan, an enforcer investigating the robbery of a high stakes poker game protected by the mob. The film’s ensemble cast is also rumored to include Pitt’s Jesse James co-star Casey Affleck, Josh Brolin, Javier Bardem, Bill Murray, Mark Ruffalo, Sam Rockwell and Avatar star Zoe Saldana, who recently wrapped Columbiana in New Orleans.

Looking forward to this, Jesse James is a great movie and if they manage to get half of those who's rumored it will have some great cast.

That's a pretty damn good cast! Look forward to it.

Brad Pitt is the only one confirmed for the movie so far, the other is just rumored . But like I said if Dominik manage to get at least half of those it will be a pretty impressive cast. I'm keeping my fingers crossed for Casey it will be great if he re-unite with Pitt and Dominik for this movie too.

I don't care for Saldana but man, that would be a fantastic cast. My three favourite current generation actions in Pitt, Ruffalo and Bardem, plus three guys who I think are fantastic actors and Bill Murray, who everyone loves.

Where did the original story take place at?

I don't care for Saldana but man, that would be a fantastic cast. My three favourite current generation actions in Pitt, Ruffalo and Bardem, plus three guys who I think are fantastic actors and Bill Murray, who everyone loves.

I'm always fascinated when someone (here) doesn't like a certain actress. SO why don't you like her?

Any chance of Nick Cave and Warren Ellis returning for the score? Their work in Jesse James and The Proposition is great.

Long live Nick Cave!

So true! I've been listening to Dig Lazarus Dig and Grinderman 2 a lot recently. :woot:

I'd love to see them handle humor, if they do the score. Pretty excited to see the rest of the cast.

I'm always fascinated when someone (here) doesn't like a certain actress. SO why don't you like her?
Don't care for her, not don't like her. As in, I can take her or leave her. She's never impressed me as an actor and I don't find her stunningly beautiful like some people, but I certainly wouldn't not watch something she's in.

This goes straight into my top 5 of films that I'm looking forward to. Should be fantastic.

The rumored cast however, is way too good to be true.

The shiznit. Rockwell gave one of his best performances ever in Dominik's Jesse James. And like people already mentioned: A Cave/Ellis score for this would be...divine. So, I guess this movie will be in the darkly comedic vein of Dominik's chopper, which is a cool flick but a little pointless. It is however, chock-full of great inventive visuals. THis guy could turn into a big one I think.

I'm interested to see this. It will be a fantastic cast if they manage to get the others to join.
I hope Roger Deakins is back as the cinematographer for Cogan's Trade since Jesse James looks visually stunning.

Oh yeah, that would be sweet aswell. Some Deakins is never a bad thing.(IWANTTOSEETRUEGRITNOWGODDAMIT)

This is a very promising flick here.

First Look:

pittcoganstradelarge.jpg

Source

Oh, man. This sounds and looks promising.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
iamjonahlobe
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"