'Brave New World' lands series pickup with USA Network

Kaleb

2010 & 2018 SHHFFL Champion
Reaction score
'Brave New World' Lands Series Pickup at USA Network

Brave New World arrives as USA Network is heading into a brave new (creative) world as its flagship shows — Sam Esmail's Mr. Robot and Aaron Korsh's Suits — will wrap their runs this season. In their place, USA — under Chris McCumber — has been busy greenlighting series as the cabler looks to replenish its scripted pipeline. Joining the final seasons of both shows are Suits spinoff Pearson, Tim Kring's Bourne spinoff Treadstone, Esmail-produced Briarpatch and cheerleading drama Dare Me. Those join a slate of returning originals that features Queen of the South and The Purge. Anthology The Sinner is awaiting word on a third season (and is expected to return).

The new crop of series come as Mr. Robot helped shift USA Network's creative direction to dark and edgy fare instead of Suits-like "Blue Skies"-branded originals. Suits is the last holdover from an era that included Royal Pains, Burn Notice and Psych.

For Amblin TV's part, the company's scripted roster includes Showtime's Halo, Syfy's Happy, Apple's Amazing Stories, Hulu's animated revival of Animaniacs and The CW's Roswell reboot.

I remember seeing a TV adaptation of this in the 1990s with Leonard Nimoy and Peter Gallagher. They totally butchered it. Here’s to hoping this version will be better.

I remember seeing a TV adaptation of this in the 1990s with Leonard Nimoy and Peter Gallagher. They totally butchered it. Here’s to hoping this version will be better.

Mmh from the trailer it looks more like a re-imagination (inspired by) than a book adaptation.

Saw the first season.
It is indeed more inspired by than adapted from the novel ( from what I remember from the book).
It's not bad but I found the 2 or 3 first episodes not very compelling, after that the "twist" starts to unveil and it was more interesting.
If it has been a weekly show not sure I would have continue watching.

There are a lof of sex scenes (duo or orgy).
I didn't recognized Demi Moore, I realized it was her when I checked the cast on IMDB.
The lead actress looks a bit like the actress who played the Bionic Woman in the rebooted TV show.
The sets and SFX are good.

So im on the 3rd episode and she needs an Alpha+ but....he does nothing to help Demi Moores character.

Also killing her off was a mistake, her character was interesting.

Last edited:
Interesting that they made Helmholtz a female character (and cast Hannah John-Kamen, who I love). Might have to see it just for that.

I have not seen it yet. I do have Peacock for free, but I may cancel it if I can only get the premiere episode for free and have to pay for the rest of the episodes.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"