Breast surgery - yay or nay?

Daisy said:
I'm actually becoming very offended.

I've had plastic surgery - twice. And I've also been to many-a club/bar. I went to two different ones Tuesday night actually. :o

Apparently I'm a superficial ***** with low self-esteem. :mad:
snfc11kc.jpg

Just my type.

Can I buy you a drink?

Godzilla2000 said:
You know, I'm the same way. Never liked piercing. Well, I do accept tattoos as long as they aren't covering roughly 99.9 % of his body. A tattoo on an arm here and there is fine with me.

You stood me up, G.

Calvin said:
I meant you can appreciate natural beauty that the person didn't have to work for, in the same way you can appreciate someone that's naturally brainy or someone with a naturally delightful personality. Looks don't have to count for nothing. I'm not saying you should be obsessed with looks over personality, but it's not evil to find value in a person's physical traits.

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder. Intelligence and physical prowess is not.

kainedamo said:
About 8 months. I wasn't happy, and I told her we were more like good friends than people in a relationship, and that I didn't think the relationship was going to go anywhere. She agreed.
Was she not attractive? Different interests? Different personalities?

Erzengel said:
snf_c1.jpg

Just my type.

Can I buy you a drink?

That bright rainbow attire is a little 'loud' for my tastes. I'm also not keen on guys that are already totally grey on top. :p

Outsiderzedge said:
Beauty is in the eye of the beholder. Intelligence and physical prowess is not.
Different kinds of intelligence can be appreciated by different people. Some people might appreciate wit more than factual knowledge, others might appreciate the opposite. Some women fall in love with geniuses because they respect their mental ability, some women fall in love with comedians. Some might be turned off by either.

Was she not attractive? Different interests? Different personalities?

We're still friends, but I'd say we split because of different personalities. We had alot in common in the way of tastes in music and movies and the like, but that's not what's important. She was too... girly for me. Too cutesy, if you know what I mean. She seemed, and still seems many months later, to be very innocent and naive. While I enjoy her friendship, I didn't feel like I could really be myself, in case I offended her or something. No passion in the relationship.

Daisy said:
That bright rainbow attire is a little 'loud' for my tastes. I'm also not keen on guys that are already totally grey on top. :p

Fixed it. :o

Erzengel said:
snfc11kc.jpg

Just my type.

Can I buy you a drink?

The funny part of that is that the guy I'm seeing resembles him a little (although he doesn't have the fly wardrobe :D). :O

Daisy said:
k-Heh :)

Calvin said:
Different kinds of intelligence can be appreciated by different people. Some people might appreciate wit more than factual knowledge, others might appreciate the opposite. Some women fall in love with geniuses because they respect their mental ability, some women fall in love with comedians. Some might be turned off by either.

Intelligence is an ability to comprehend. Factual knowledge is memorization. Both serve a purpose and allows that person to do things that they would otherwise not be able to do. For that reason alone, all mental ability should be appreciated, no matter who you are.

What is considered good physical appearance can change and is uncertain. Therefore, to appreciate someone for something that is temporary and uncertain is, to say the least, shallow and meaningless.

Outsiderzedge said:
Intelligence is an ability to comprehend. Factual knowledge is memorization. Both serve a purpose and allows that person to do things that they would otherwise not be able to do. For that reason alone, all mental ability should be appreciated, no matter who you are.

What is considered good physical appearance can change and is uncertain. Therefore, to appreciate someone for something that is temporary and uncertain is, to say the least, shallow and meaningless.
Why should comprehension and memorization necessarily be valued when it comes to sexual preference? Why couldn't a girl be more impressed with someone's wit or tendency to be comedic? If beauty is in the eye of the beholder, then the beholder has every right to appreciate that beauty if it's beautiful in his/her eye. Just because it's person-specific doesn't make it shallow.

Zedge, is art that's only aesthetically pleasing meaningless? Is a beautiful sunset meaningless? Sure, they can be, to a certain person, but it's not meaningless to the person that finds them beautiful. The beauty is the meaning, and beauty isn't without value. It gives pleasure. And if you don't find pleasure to be meaningful, then what's the point in living if we're going to die anyway, and the universe just keeps on trucking?

The bird with the brightest colors isn't always the most beautiful.

kainedamo said:
The bird with the brightest colors isn't always the most beautiful.
Nobody was arguing that. Thanks for trying though.

Calvin said:
Why should comprehension and memorization necessarily be valued when it comes to sexual preference? Why couldn't a girl be more impressed with someone's wit or tendency to be comedic?

I wasn't speaking about sexual preference. Sex is just what our species does to procreate. Sex does not solve anything or do anything for our species other than that.

Wit and humor are indicative of intelligence. There is nothing wrong with appreciating them as intelligence should always be appreciated.

Outsiderzedge said:
I wasn't speaking about sexual preference. Sex is just what our species does to procreate. Sex does not solve anything or do anything for our species other than that.

Wit and humor are indicative of intelligence. There is nothing wrong with appreciating them as intelligence should always be appreciated.
Not everyone appreciates that kind of intelligence though. Some women are more serious and find comedy to be annoying. I've met some.

kainedamo said:
Do they find ALL comedy annoying?
Hating ALL of something is your department. When I'm talking about other people, it means "the majority of." Most people can understand shades in between black and white.

Calvin said:
Not everyone appreciates that kind of intelligence though. Some women are more serious and find comedy to be annoying. I've met some.

omg, the perfect women! (for me).

Comedy gets so annoying.

Calvin said:
Hating ALL of something is your department. When I'm talking about other people, it means "the majority of." Most people can understand shades in between black and white.
Beauty, eh.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"