• We experienced a brief downtime due to a Xenforo server configuration update. This was an attempt to limit bot traffic. They have rolled back and the site is now operating normally. Apologies for the inconvinience.

Broccoli --- vegetable or fruit?

Fruit is defined as a plant product that would continue ripening even after it's been removed from the plant.

The brocoli is the plant itself. *sigh* this is twice i've had to bring this out:

yousuck.gif

Broccoli is a vegetable...

The real question is what categories do the following items fall under:

Tomato
Pumpkin
Cucumber

Did you edit your post every time you brought it out?

redmarvel said:
Broccoli is a vegetable...

The real question is what categories do the following items fall under:

Tomato
Pumpkin
Cucumber

Fruits, they have seeds

Fruits are the reproductive parts of a plant (the ovaries, I believe). Vegetables are the entire plant, or most of the plant in some cases. I wish there were some sort of Veggie Tales holy war over this.

yeah, it's just don't normally think of cucumbers as fruit... I... you- this... ok, I concede. :o

Damn you Vegetable lovers! Fruits rule!
(throws fire onto "The Great Vegge-Fruit war")

TKing said:
yeah, it's just don't normally think of cucumbers as fruit... I... you- this... ok, I concede. :o

I can't believe you'd concede on a matter of this magnitude. :wow: I mean, I can understand giving up an argument in a thread about race or religion or how much you hate Bendis, but this is important!

Young people today, they have no priorities. :csad:

Fruits are supposed to be sweet :csad:.

Malice said:
Damn you Vegetable lovers! Fruits rule!
(throws fire onto "The Great Vegge-Fruit war")
You idiot! Do you realize what you've DONE?! Soon we'll be overrun by swarms of carrots, onions, peppers and more! All armed to the... legumes... and... and... rabid!! They'll have rabies! They'll be chomping at the bit to take down the "good for nothing" fruit! Lo, the dire hour of scurvy is upon us all...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"