Caine's Arcade - your feel-good video of the week!

Anita18

DANCE FOR ME, FUNNY MAN!
Reaction score
This is making the rounds around Facebook and Twitter this week, and much deservedly so!

http://cainesarcade.com/

Caine Monroy is a 9-year old boy who spent his summer vacation building an elaborate DIY cardboard arcade in his dad’s used auto parts store [in east LA].

A filmmaker stopped by one day for some used auto parts, and was astounded at the makeshift arcade and at Caine's never-give-up attitude, and asked Caine's father if he could make a short film about Caine's Arcade.

I don't want to spoil anything, just watch. :yay:

Also, they've been raising money for Caine to go to college. No one in his family has ever gone. Since the short film was released online on Monday, they've had to raise the target from $25,000 to $100,000, and they'll hit the new target sometime today. :awesome:

I love you, internet. :hrt: I mean, yeah, sometimes there's trolls and cyberbullying, and Perez Hilton, but this pretty much negates all that.

I hope this little man gets all the support he needs to make his dreams of building awesome stuff come true! Also, a serious high-five to Caine's dad for supporting all his endeavors. I know lots of parents would have told him to stop wasting his time with those cardboard boxes. :o

That kid's really inventive and driven . I'm glad that worked out for him.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"