Camelot 3000

Jesse

Old Curmudgeon
Reaction score
The original maxi-series was way ahead of it's time in many respects. I thought this series was a lot of fun and the Brian Bolland artwork is fantastic. A companion piece/sequel to Sir Thomas Malory's Le Morte D'Arthur (as Mike W. Barr stated at the end of the first issue) it combines Arthurian knights and futuristic sci-fi works incredibly well.

CAM3K-Cvr_cnh216hi2h_.jpg

One of the first maxis I remember reading. Definitely high quality and very progressive stuff. So glad to see this concept return in Justice League 3000.

One of the first maxis I remember reading. Definitely high quality and very progressive stuff.

I agree the ideas in the story are very progressive for the time. A man trapped in a woman's body & a girl on girl kissing scene seem way ahead of their time for the 80's.

Bs93DBg.jpg

MVJTFiv.jpg

So glad to see this concept return in Justice League 3000.

Yeah it was neat to see King Arthur and Guinevere appear briefly in Justice League 3000 #10.

JL3000_10_2.jpg

Last edited:
I agree the ideas in the story are very progressive for the time. A man trapped in a woman's body & a girl on girl kissing scene seem way ahead of their time for the 80's.

Early 80's at that.

By the late 80's that type of provocative content was becoming more common in comic books (especially DC's) but arguably Tristan and Isolde's romance in Camelot 3000 was one of the precedents for that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"