Can a cbm be "too comic booky?"

When refering to The Fonz you are absolutely wrrrr. You are wrrrrrroooo.... So wrrrrrrrrr.

:doom: :doom: :doom:

Who says it has to be spandex? Who says it IS spandex in the comics? And the X-Men looked stupid.

God, I hate self-hating comic book fans.

In the new movie or the original franchise?

I bet if the rocks on the Thing had been realistically colored, it would have looked much better.

:argh:

:thing: :thing: :thing:

It's a case by case basis. All about the circumstances and what you're going on.

Dick Tracy, 300, and Sin City are all brilliant comic book films that are extremely fantastical. I also loved Speed Racer for example.

On the other hand there are superhero films that are in a realistic universe like Nolan's Batman, Singer's X-Men, etc that work very well. It just depends on the material really. But I hate the mentality of "ALL comic book films must be dark, gritty, and realistic."

Considering that while I don't dislike the first two X-Men, they're stylistically boring. First Class and (yes) X3 are both much better in terms of tone. Why? Because they feel like the comics.

Considering that while I don't dislike the first two X-Men, they're stylistically boring. First Class and (yes) X3 are both much better in terms of tone. Why? Because they feel like the comics.

Well, imho, Singer is pretty boring.

When refering to The Fonz you are absolutely wrrrr. You are wrrrrrroooo.... So wrrrrrrrrr.

Well I liked it while he jumped the shark. No X-Man has done that.

Who says it has to be spandex? Who says it IS spandex in the comics?

Care to explain what is it?

And the X-Men looked stupid.

I know, that's why they changed it to black leather.

God, I hate self-hating comic book fans.

Stop hating yourself.

It's a case by case basis. All about the circumstances and what you're going on.

No. They all have to be colorful and comicy.

Dick Tracy, 300, and Sin City are all brilliant comic book films that are extremely fantastical. I also loved Speed Racer for example.

On the other hand there are superhero films that are in a realistic universe like Nolan's Batman, Singer's X-Men, etc that work very well. It just depends on the material really. But I hate the mentality of "ALL comic book films must be dark, gritty, and realistic."

Agreed. Same goes for "ALL comic book films must be colorful and fancy."

The Singer approach, which was great, was mostly realistic in tone, as much as possible, and serious. Not that yellow is not possible but it was far from mandatory.

This poll sucks, this thread sucks.

There's all kinds of comic books so there's no such thing as comic booky.

First Class had a great tone, it definitely proved yellow and blue costumes work. They were far better than the boring black suits in Singer's films. Imo, the perfect look would be the leather suits from Singer's movies with the color palette of the suits in First Class.

But at the same time there were a couple instances where it didn't work as well. Magneto's red and purple suit at the end was a bit over the top. The helmet too...it was 100% comic accurate but I thought Ian mcKellen's conservative muted suit was far more appropriate.

There's all kinds of comic books so there's no such thing as comic booky.
I mean, you would think only one writer and one artist have done every work since the medium's inception. It is kind of insulting to comics actually - to relegate it to one style.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"