Car filled with explosive material found in middle of Times Square

The god damn moron couldn't even make a proper bomb. What terrorist group wants to be associated with this epic fail? If he actually executed it, would have just turned the SUV into a flaming turd ball, put down faster than Canada's economy once their housing bubble pops. :woot:

I'm amazed terrorist groups haven't started claiming they have nothing to do with this guy. What. an. idiot. (and thank god for that)

What's worse is how the news keeps pointing out all of the mistakes he's made and what the right way to build a car bomb is. Jon Stewart did a great sketch about that last night:

http://www.thedailyshow.com/watch/mon-may-3-2010/explosive-and-the-city

I agree with bgates87. The only reason the car didn't explode was luck IMO. We were lucky that the terrorist didn't know how to correctly set it off. This was the third failed terrorist attempt under Obama administration. They need to get their act together and prevent this stuff from happening...
While I'm by no means an Obama fan, these three acts really prove nothing IMO.

Preventing this sort of thing is so much easier said than done. You are talking about gathering and analizing hundreds and thousands of new intelligence reports a day. While some of these reports are detailed descriptions of possible attacks or targets, most are very vague stating "someone is planning on attacking a target in New York in the next couple of months".

Not only that, but now you have to vet how you came by the information. If it was a tip from someone, you have to see if they have been reliable with their intel in the past or if this is a completely new source. They might be giving you good information, or they could simply be testing to see how the authorities react to the information so they know how to better attack the target in the future.

Not only that, but you rarely ever hear about the incidents that have been prevented. I know it sounds apologetic, but it is the truth. Attacks are stpped in various stages of development daily by authorities all over the world.

How the **** did the guy get a parking spot in Times Square on saturday night? :awesome:

It is weird though, I went to NYC last summer and parking spots are impossible to find. We ended up just walking everywhere or taking the subway.

How the **** did the guy get a parking spot in Times Square on saturday night? :awesome:

It is weird though, I went to NYC last summer and parking spots are impossible to find. We ended up just walking everywhere or taking the subway.

I couldn't imagine trying to find a parking space in NYC. When I went, I made my way around the city by taxi or subway as well.

I couldn't even imagine driving in NYC.

I'm driving into NYC tomorrow. Seeing American Idiot on Broadway again after work. :up:

And I've actually parked near Times Square a few times. I loved it because I didn't have to pay for parking. Haven't done it in a few years though. Usually I just park in the garage. It's safer there than in the street.

I was by the spot where the Pathfinder was tonight while I was meeting a friend for dinner. It's now the most popular t-shirt stand in NYC. Still a few news vans around, and I think I saw the guy who spotted the smoke out of the car, he was being interviewed. They put a bunch of American flags up on the stands too.

Lots of people taking pictures of that part of the street, too. Although you'd never know anything of importance happened there recently.

And here we go again...

http://www.1010wins.com/Times-Square-Evacuated/6996415

Police Investigate Suspicious Package in Times Square

NEW YORK (AP/ 1010 WINS) -- Police cleared streets around Times Square on Friday after finding a cooler left on a sidewalk a block away from where where a failed car bomb was found over the weekend.

Police have created some distance between the cooler and people and are "in an abundance of caution,'' looking into whether the white cooler was abandoned by someone, NYPD spokesman Paul Browne said.

The bomb squad was X-raying the soft-sided cooler found on the pedestrian mall and planned to determine whether it posed a threat, Browne said.

No evacuations have been ordered from buildings, but workers were told to stay indoors as the police responded.

Police cordoned off the square with yellow tape, while yelling ``Get back, get back'' at onlookers and guiding bomb-sniffing dogs through the area.

Cars approaching the area were told to turn back as an eerie silence descended on the area.

The package was found at 46th Street and Broadway around 1:15 p.m. in front of the Marriott Marquis Hotel, but the hotel had not been evacuated.

Three blocks around Times Square were closed as a precaution because the cooler was found about a block from where a smoking SUV and failed car bomb was found Saturday night.

Henry Goldfine, an attorney from New Jersey attending a meeting at the Marriott Marquis, said he had planned to relax on the Times Square pedestrian mall but was turned away.

"Instead, I'm going back where there's no air and no light,'' Goldfine said, standing near the hotel. "We don't have things like this in New Jersey.''

On an average day, police get 90 to 100 reports of a suspicious package. Since the failed car bomb attack Saturday on Times Square, that figure has risen about 30 percent.

One earlier Friday was reported near the area where the car bomb was discovered, but turned out to be someone's lunch.

Sounds like it's probably a false alarm, but yikes, I'm about 10 blocks from there right now. :wow:

I really don't like that it was a 40 year olf white man.

I am really worried that this was a Tea Party member trying to frame terrorists, so that Obama would look bad, & if this is the case, the Repubs better get there asses to a podium right after denouncing them.

I really hope I am wrong.

You've GOT to be freaking kidding me...

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
iamjonahlobe
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"