Cars 3 Set for 2018?

smashmode

House Stark
Reaction score
Is Pixar Planning ‘Cars 3′ For 2018?

cars-3.jpg
Pixar
In news that should surprise no one who keeps an eye on Disney’s finances, word has surfaced that ‘Cars 3‘ is in the works over at Pixar. Animation fans can wail and gnash their teeth as much as they want over this much maligned series, but there’s no denying that these films have been a massive success for their studio and a ‘Cars 3′ was simply inevitable. It was all a matter of when it got announced.

But that official announcement is not here today! Instead, we get a kinda-sorta confirmation from a man who may or may not know exactly what’s going on. The source of the buzz is Michael Wallis, the author of “Route 66: The Mother Road,” a historical consultant on the ‘Cars’ films and the voice of Sheriff in Radiator Springs. He “confirms” the existence of ‘Cars 3′ in the middle of a 25-minute radio interview, saying that the new film will return to the Route 66 setting of the first film and will feature Route 99, a famous California highway.

http://screencrush.com/cars-3-pixar-2018/

Parents open those wallets now lol.

Man, does this mean my possible future off spring (you never know...) may end up watching this.

Good god Disney/Pixar, move on! Owen wilson is soo 2006, and so is this franchises heart.

Well my sister and brother-in-law will be spending another fortune on Cars toys for my nephew.

Man, does this mean my possible future off spring (you never know...) may end up watching this.

Good god Disney/Pixar, move on! Owen wilson is soo 2006, and so is this franchises heart.

Not only will they watch this, they will watch it multiple times...in a day.

Then also ask for the different toys (Cars, Toys, Monsters, Toy Story, Planes lol)

Pixar is an interesting case..a familiar case when you see a company get too big. And when you get bigger, you get more people involved. And those people might interfere with the product, be it execs, marketing dept with their focus groups and merchandizing people, etc.

It happens all the time. It's business unfortunately.

Will this film star that hack Larry the Cable Guy?

Stop hating on kids movies you lot!

Whoa whoa, no one is hating kids movies. I'd bet most of us here love Pixar, they've done damn fine work. However, Cars was not great, and Cars 2 was horrible. If kids like them, great, but when Pixar's arguably best film, The Incredibles, gets no love, and Cars 3 gets the go ahead, I think we're allowed some room to complain.

Cars was OK, but I thought Cars 2 was a box office dud?

Cars was OK, but I thought Cars 2 was a box office dud?

It made almost $560 million worldwide. Which is $100 million more than the first Cars. Plus, they're making a lot of money from the toys based on the movies.

I'm really surprised they're not making Incredibles 2 in a time when superhero films are the biggest thing ever. The Incredibles would sell a lot of toys as well.

It made almost $560 million worldwide. Which is $100 million more than the first Cars. Plus, they're making a lot of money from the toys based on the movies.

Wow, really? Thanks, I thought it flopped, at least in the US. I remember the first few weeks after it came out that they were saying it was Pixar's first bomb. Guess not!

Wow, really? Thanks, I thought it flopped, at least in the US. I remember the first few weeks after it came out that they were saying it was Pixar's first bomb. Guess not!

Yeah, it wasn't exactly a big hit in US. It made around $190 million. Not really a flop, but certainly underwhelming numbers compared to other Pixar-movies

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
japanorsomewher
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"