Hunter Rider

Ronin
Staff member
Reaction score
Release Date: August 22, 2008
Studio: Paramount Pictures
Director: Christian Alvart
Screenwriter: Ray Wright
Starring: Renée Zellweger, Jodelle Ferland, Ian McShane, Kerry O'Malley, Callum Keith Rennie, Bradley Cooper, Adrian Lester, Georgia Craig, Cynthia Stevenson
Genre: Horror, Thriller
MPAA Rating: R (for violence and terror, including disturbing images)

Plot Summary: An idealistic social worker (Zellweger) saves an abused 10-year-old girl (Jodelle Ferland) from her parents only to discover that the girl is not as innocent as she thinks.

71d460g.jpg

851gxte.jpg

Looks dumb. That little girl is a terrible actress and Zellweger is hella annoying.

The synopsis sounds cool and the trailer looks okay, but I can't stand Zellweger.

Looks like complete crap!

...but I do love me some Renee...

Case 39 has been in production for the past 3 years. Instantly that's a red flag. Obviously the studio had problems with it and were not confident in this product to release it.

The trailer reminds me of every other lame Horror film released at least once a month, like The Uninvited, The Unborn, Haunting In Connecticut and Grudge 2. It revolves around someone or something being haunted, followed by random cheap ''scares'' that involve deformed people popping out of nowhere. Check these for for example.

The Eye
Picture16-1.png

One Missed Call
Picture15-1.png

Uninvited
Picture13-1.png

And finally, Mr Potato Head from Case 39
Picture3-1.png

The only thing this film has going for it is the star power of Renee Zellweger and Ian McShane. The writer of this film directed Pulse, another throw away Horror film, which holds 12% on Rotten Tomatoes.

In short, I except the same ol dribble from Case 39.

This premiered last week at the Berlin Fantasy Festival in Germany. Anyone saw it?

I saw the trailer for this when I saw Public Enemies and my friend said it looks like complete wank. I have to agree with him.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"