Cast the Lanterns

Sawyer

Definitely Not 40
Reaction score
I figure since this one has its own section, why not use it?

Who do y’all want for Hal and John?

My long standing pick for John has been Trevante Rhodes. As for Hal, I do like the suggestion that the Silver Age legacy characters like Barry and Hal be a little older than what would be expected, before eventually being taken over by Wally/the multitude of other GLs. Maybe Logan Marshall Green?

- Hal Jordan- Patrick Schwarzenegger
- John Stewart- Trevante Rhodes
- Carol Ferris- Lili Reinhart
- Guy Gardner- Nathan Fillion
- Kyle Rayner- Henry Zaga
- Jessica Cruz- Gina Rodriguez
- Abin Sur- Jackie Earle Haley (voice/CGI make up)

- Simon Baz- Jade Hassoune

- Kilowog- Fred Tatasciore (voice)
- Tomar Re- Simon Pegg
- Saint Walker- Doug Jones (voice)
- Larfleeze- Andy Serkis
- Atrocitus- Christopher Judge
- Appa Ali Apsa- Oded Fehr
- Ganthet- Sean Astin
- Krona- Cary-Hiroyuki Tagawa
- Sayd- Shelley Conn
- Scar- Anna Maxwell Martin

- Sinestro- Luke Evans

Cameo from

- J'on Jonzz/Martian Manhunter- David Oyelowo (post credits cameo to end Season 1 of the mini series)

I’ve seen the rumors about Schwarzenegger playing Hal, but I’m not buying that they’ve cast these roles just yet.

I’ve seen the rumors about Schwarzenegger playing Hal, but I’m not buying that they’ve cast these roles just yet.
Yeah but you have to admit Patrick would be a good choice for the role

They are going for a veteran Hal Jordan on this appareantly. And Jeff Sneider recently said they want big names, so it'll probably be one of these:
-Jake Gyllenhaal
-Zac Efron
-Glen Powell
-Channing Tatum
-Miles Teller
-Jamie Dornan
-John Krasinski
-James McAvoy
-Chris Pine
-Alexander Skarsgard

I remember when the concept art from JL dark leaked and Chiwetel Ejiofor was Jason Blood. There was so much whining here about how that character couldn't be black because it wasn't historically accurate smh.

They are going for a veteran Hal Jordan on this appareantly. And Jeff Sneider recently said they want big names, so it'll probably be one of these:
-Jake Gyllenhaal
-Zac Efron
-Glen Powell
-Channing Tatum
-Miles Teller
-Jamie Dornan
-John Krasinski
-James McAvoy
-Chris Pine
-Alexander Skarsgard

If they want a veteran Hal as a Lantern for the DCU Max series then give me John Krasinski, Chris Pine or Alex Skarsgard as Hal

Time Machine:

C6k0MfuVoAA7nbv.jpg
8kxcdx.jpg

8kx8pu.gif

8kx9ft.gif

Seeing as Jordan was based on Newman and Stewart on Poitier (yes I know they changed his character to be more like Hal, yet I prefer the young creative artist thinks outside the box architect(opens the doors of perception) John Stewart, to the bland military grunt they've made him):
Just swap the brass horns^ for power-rings: Buddy Cop Space-Opera, with whoever can approximate the great dynamic of these two today.:cwink:

Last edited:
Then to truly have John & Hal as a buddy space cop type they have to be closer in age so I would go:

Chris Pine as Hal Jordan
John David Washington as John Stewart

MCDTOGU_PA012.jpg
Miles Teller / Hal Jordan

6754bmzhy4n61.jpg
LaKeith Stanfield / John Stewart

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members