King%20Dingeling_oldmangary.jpg

The Joker - Paul Bettany
paul_bettany1.jpg

Two-Face / Harvey Dent - Liev Schreiber
A051212_P20_MFFLIEV_V_V.JPG

Catwoman / Selina Kyle - Angelina Jolie or Charlize Theron
53035403.jpg
1949_1684_Theron_Charlize_04-400-lo.jpg

Good idea for a thread. Funny cause right before I logged on I was planning on a thread for MOTP. Ima make my thread and then work on the cast for this one. :up:

The Scarecrow / Jonathan Crane - Brad Dourif
cast_pic1.jpg

The Riddler / Edward Nygma - Jeff Goldblum
jg.jpg

The Mad Hatter / Jervis Tetch - Geoffrey Rush
rush.jpg

Poison Ivy / Pamela Isley - Kate Hudson or Evangeline Lily
kate034.jpg
013_103356_d_0410_ful.jpg

Solomon Grundy - Ron Perlman
ron_perlman.jpg

The Penguin / Oswald Cobblepot - Robin Williams
pictures-robin-williams-celebrity-fan.jpg

Carmine "The Roman" Falcone - Al Pacino
242662.jpg

Carla Vitti - Sophia Loren
Sophia%20Loren.jpg

Sophia Falcone Gigante - Nia Vardalos
nia_vardalos.jpg

Holiday / Alberto Falcone - Adrien Brody
AdrienBrody.jpg

Salvatore "Boss" Maroni - Ray Liotta
ray_liotta_heartbreakers_001.jpg

Gilda Dent - Winona Ryder
ryder1.jpg

Barbara Gordon - Jennifer Jason Leigh
nyjs10509270012.widec.jpg

BATMAN/BRUCE WAYNE: Christian Bale
HARVEY DENT: Liev Schrieber or Rufus Sewell
GORDON:Gary Oldman
THE JOKER: Lachy Hulme or Johnny Depp
FALCONE: Tom Wilkinson
MARONI:Liotta
CATWOMAN:Natalie Portman or Kat Beckinsale
THE RIDDLER: Ed Norton or Jeff Goldblum
POISON IVY: Scarlette Johansson
THE PENGUIN:Bob Hoskins
ALBERTO FALCONE:Adrien Brody or Crispin Glover
ALFRED:Micheal Caine or Anthony Hopkins
Scarecrow: Cillian Murphey
Mad Hatter: Tim Roth
Gilda Dent: Winona Ryder

TLHVillainsCast.jpg

Liev would be my other choice for Dent. Hulme or Bettany for Joker would be ok too. I will try to add more people to my cast.

trustyside-kick said:
TLHVillainsCast.jpg

Liev would be my other choice for Dent. Hulme or Bettany for Joker would be ok too. I will try to add more people to my cast.

Mostly good, but why the two Austin Powers cast members? And I could live with De Niro as Falcone, but Pacino IS Falcone from TLH. Seriously, their are so many blatant referreneces to The Godfather in TLH, and to me Falcone is modelled directly after Michael Corleone. Heck, the line "In my own house, where my family sleeps" (spoken after a shootout at Falcone's household) is ripped straight out of The Godfather Part II.

ANTHONYNASTI said:
Mostly good, but why the two Austin Powers cast members? And I could live with De Niro as Falcone, but Pacino IS Falcone from TLH. Seriously, their are so many blatant referreneces to The Godfather in TLH, and to me Falcone is modelled directly after Michael Corleone. Heck, the line "In my own house, where my family sleeps" (spoken after a shootout at Falcone's household) is ripped straight out of The Godfather Part II.

Meh...Mike Meyers as Dr. Evil looks like him...and not like it would be a hard role. He could play serious. :p

And ya I have a hard time not choosing Pacino as Falcone. I know I know..believe me...I LOVE the Godfather series. And yea I definetly realized all of the stuff they took from that movie and put into TLH and DV. :up:

trustyside-kick said:
Meh...Mike Meyers as Dr. Evil looks like him...and not like it would be a hard role. He could play serious. :p

And ya I have a hard time not choosing Pacino as Falcone. I know I know..believe me...I LOVE the Godfather series. And yea I definetly realized all of the stuff they took from that movie and put into TLH and DV. :up:

I've yet to read Dark Victory.

As a side note, I would like to see a TLH movie one day. I think it would be awesome. It's the best Batman novel ever.

ANTHONYNASTI said:
I've yet to read Dark Victory.

As a side note, I would like to see a TLH movie one day. I think it would be awesome. It's the best Batman novel ever.

Sure is the best Graphic Novel ever. Followed by Dark Victory. You should read it sometime. Awesome sequel to The Long Halloween.

trustyside-kick said:
Sure is the best Graphic Novel ever. Followed by Dark Victory. You should read it sometime. Awesome sequel to The Long Halloween.

I'll check it out.

Jeph Loeb is awesome man. My favorite Batman writer...if he wrote more stories for Bats that would be awesome. His Batman stories are the true mysteries, always with Detective work and making you think of different people to be the murderer and stuff. In TLH the issue I loved most was April Fool's Day where Riddler and Batman came up with different scenarios as to who Holiday was and why. :up:

Please support Loeb and vote for him!!!

http://www.superherohype.com/forums/showthread.php?p=8724226#post8724226

Loeb...must....win...!!!

HARVEY DENT: Liev Schrieber
THE JOKER: Paul Bettany
FALCONE: Al Paccino (only for a direct translation of the novel though) - I like Wilkonson
MARONI: Ray Loitta (I like Chris Noth for the role in BB2)
CATWOMAN: Angelina Jolie (I like Natalie Portman for BB series)
THE RIDDLER: Simon Pegg (I like Martin Freeman for BB series)
POISON IVY: Evangeline Lily (I want Charlize Theron for BB series)
THE PENGUIN: Danny DiVito (PSH is my choice for BB series)
ALBERTO FALCONE:Adrien Brody
ALFRED: Anthony Hopkins (Love Caine for BB Series)
Scarecrow: Christopher Eccleston (I loved Murphy in BB)
Mad Hatter: Martin Short (I like Kelsey Grammer for BB Series)

StorminNorman said:
HARVEY DENT: Liev Schrieber
THE JOKER: Paul Bettany
FALCONE: Al Paccino (only for a direct translation of the novel though) - I like Wilkonson
MARONI: Ray Loitta (I like Chris Noth for the role in BB2)
CATWOMAN: Angelina Jolie (I like Natalie Portman for BB series)
THE RIDDLER: Simon Pegg (I like Martin Freeman for BB series)
POISON IVY: Evangeline Lily (I want Charlize Theron for BB series)
THE PENGUIN: Danny DiVito (PSH is my choice for BB series)
ALBERTO FALCONE:Adrien Brody
ALFRED: Anthony Hopkins (Love Caine for BB Series)
Scarecrow: Christopher Eccleston (I loved Murphy in BB)
Mad Hatter: Martin Short (I like Kelsey Grammer for BB Series)

I disagree with your notion that am TLH movie should not be in continuity with BB. If anything, it has to be. And Chris Noth does not gove off the right vibe for Maroni at all, whereas Liotta does and thus should play him in the BB sequel. And I don't like Wilkinson as Falcone, either. He doesn't give off the right vibe, either. I know Pacino as a mob boss is somewhat played out, but even so, he's just too perfect for Maroni.

ANTHONYNASTI said:
I disagree with your notion that am TLH movie should not be in continuity with BB. If anything, it has to be. And Chris Noth does not gove off the right vibe for Maroni at all, whereas Liotta does and thus should play him in the BB sequel. And I don't like Wilkinson as Falcone, either. He doesn't give off the right vibe, either. I know Pacino as a mob boss is somewhat played out, but even so, he's just too perfect for Maroni.

Let me clarify here: a TLH inspired movie would be perfect and is exactly want I want. A 100% faithfull TLH movie however would never work in continuity.
- Basically a TLH inspired movie would be like BB was for Year One.
- A TLH movie would be as accurate as Sin City was.

The actors I like for the BB series have certain qualities that I like for the characters based on several comics I have read, or ideas I have for characters - My dream cast for a TLH movie is based on looks and the personalities of a character from only one source.

I think Chris Noth would be a great Maroni - however I have no problem with Liotta either (he was my favorite before Noth). I like Noths presence and IMO he could nail the role.

I loved Wilkonson as Falcone the way he was in BB - he would not of been my choice however for a TLH Falcone.

StorminNorman said:
Let me clarify here: a TLH inspired movie would be perfect and is exactly want I want. A 100% faithfull TLH movie however would never work in continuity.
- Basically a TLH inspired movie would be like BB was for Year One.
- A TLH movie would be as accurate as Sin City was.

The actors I like for the BB series have certain qualities that I like for the characters based on several comics I have read, or ideas I have for characters - My dream cast for a TLH movie is based on looks and the personalities of a character from only one source.

I think Chris Noth would be a great Maroni - however I have no problem with Liotta either (he was my favorite before Noth). I like Noths presence and IMO he could nail the role.

I loved Wilkonson as Falcone the way he was in BB - he would not of been my choice however for a TLH Falcone.

I think Liotta looks a lot like TLH Maroni.

liotta.jpg

maroni.jpg

Just remove the beard.

As a side note, I've kind of been itching to this "Cast TLH Using Actors From Any Decade" thing. I don't know why, but I think that would be fun.

Batman:Christian Bale
Catwomen:Angelina Jolie
Harvey Dent/two-face:Liev Schreiber
Carmine Falcone:Robert Deniro
Alberto Falcone:Crispin Glover
Scarecrow:Cillian Murphy
Joker:Lachy Hulme
Gordon:Gary Oldman
Riddler:David Hyde Pierce
Mad Hatter:Martin Short
poison ivy:Charlize Theron
Penguin: bob Hoskins
Sal MARONI: Ray Loitta

StorminNorman said:

Yea. He was nothing like Falcone in TLH. The Falcone in TLH was much more intimidating and just had a cool vibe going. Watching Batman Begins their version of Falcone just seemed to me like any other mob boss; nothing special. Although, I liked his little speech with Bruce about fear and all.

ANTHONYNASTI said:
I think Liotta looks a lot like TLH Maroni.

liotta.jpg

maroni.jpg

Just remove the beard.

As a side note, I've kind of been itching to this "Cast TLH Using Actors From Any Decade" thing. I don't know why, but I think that would be fun.

But as Batman Begins shows, you need not worry about looks. Noth doesnt look a lot like Maroni - but I think he can nail the character. Liotta looks a lot like Maroni - thus he is in my TLH cast.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
anarchomando1
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"