Cast the new DCU

Gamora? Saldana is like 5'7. That tall for a woman. To me it seems in his pick - height was matter to him, when they cast her.
About Supergirl... Where is it say she suppose to be tall? From a short search of "DC supergirls" I see her height in the comic is around 5'5. Just like the actress that will portray her for Gunn's DCU.
Anyway With her powers and backround i see no need for her to be tall.
That wasn't your question, though, which I correctly answered. You moved the goal posts as per usual.
Saldana is 5'7" (which really isn't that tall for a woman, IMO), while Gamora is typically portrayed as being around 6'0". Supergirl is a significantly older character who is typically depicted as being only a few inches shorter than Wonder Woman herself. There's a virtual plethora of comic book art that attests to this! Yet, Gunn clearly had no reservations about casting someone as short as Alcock.

Again, though, I do believe that Wonder Woman—being an Amazon and all—will be the exception to the rule. So, while I don't much care for your casting suggestions thus far (because they're really bad), we can at least agree on that much. Either way, I'm done circling around this issue with you.

Last edited:
That wasn't your question, though, which I correctly answered. You moved the goal posts as per usual.
Saldana is 5'7" (which really isn't that tall for a woman, IMO), while Gamora is typically portrayed as being around 6'0". Supergirl is a significantly older character who is typically depicted as being only a few inches shorter than Wonder Woman herself. There's a virtual plethora of comic book art that attests to this! Yet, Gunn clearly had no reservations about casting someone as short as Alcock.

Again, though, I do believe that Wonder Woman—being an Amazon and all—will be the exception to the rule. So, while I don't much care for your casting suggestions thus far (because they're really bad), we can at least agree on that much. Either way, I'm done circling around this issue with you.
When was this became a Wonder Woman conversarion? I Thought we referring to Gamora and Super Girl.
Considering the Average height for a woman is around 5'3, 5'7 would be considered tall. But i agree 5'7 isn't "tall enough"
Anyway, it doesn't matter, at least we agree Wonder Woman should portray by a tall actress. 5'8 and over, probably.

When was this became a Wonder Woman conversarion? I Thought we referring to Gamora and Super Girl.
Someone in the thread brought up an actress that he likes, but regretted that she probably isn't tall enough to play Diana. I then replied, "Yeah, I know that's Gunn's not as picky when it comes to actresses' heights, but I still think that Wonder Woman will be the exception. Barda too (if she ever appears in the new DCU)."
Considering the Average height for a woman is around 5'3, 5'7 would be considered tall. But i agree 5'7 isn't "tall enough"
Anyway, it doesn't matter, at least we agree Wonder Woman should portray by a tall actress. 5'8 and over, probably.
5'3" might be listed as average on certain height charts, but most people would generally consider that short (even for a woman). Perspectives differ based on where you live in the world, though.

In any case, filmmakers typically apply modeling standards when casting tall women in their productions, and female models are usually no shorter than 5'9". So, presuming Gunn wants to cast WW with a tall actress, I suspect that he'll seek out actresses that are roughly the same height or taller. We'll see.

*excessively long sigh*

Okay, that does look like Dua Lipa…

e52ba94bd65df7b264e4f3acf67a06bc0564a4df.gifv

Superman / David Corenswet
Batman / Cosmo Jarvis
Wonder Woman / Dua Lipa

04d.gif

This time I'm going to bring up 2 Canadians sisters – Alissa&Tiera Skovbye. I'll start with the older sister…

Tiera Skovbye was born on May 6th 2002(Yes she had a birthday, yesterday. Happy birthday to her). She's 5'9 and you might recognize her from "Riverdale". She's acting on regular basis since 2005.

Tiera Skovbye 2.jpgTiera Skovbye 4.jpg

Alissa(Ali) Skovbye is her younger sister. She was born on May 16th 1995(Yes she has a birthday soon) She's 5'8, She's acting since 2010. I first noticed her on Netflix' "Firefly Lane", where she played the teen version of one of the main characters of the show, who was played by Katherine Heigl, in the 2 seasons run of the show.
Alissa Skovbye 2.jpg Alissa Skovbye 4.jpg
Here the sisters together:
Skovbye sisters 2.jpg

Good night.

Well, credit where it’s due, at least these two have some real credits to their names. :o

Why is it only Wonder Woman fan cast in here most of the time? Lol

Watch The Hit Man trailer and you'll understand why Adria is so popular. :o

Why is it only Wonder Woman fan cast in here most of the time? Lol
Around these parts, the big three—Batman, Superman, and Wonder Woman—usually garner the most attention. For instance, Bruce gets most of the casting suggestions in the The Brave and the Bold casting thread.

I do understand that, it just seems it somehow always circles back to wonder woman here. Like there's a whole DC universe and this place is fixated on wonder woman. Nothing wrong with it, just an observation. Lol

It's only natural. Supes is cast, Batman's casting is in his own thread, WW has nowhere else to cast and is the other pillar of the universe. Of course she'd be the most discussed in here until she gets a project announced and her own casting thread.

All is missing is Nic Cage as Brainiac. :o
Nic Cage can be Jason Blood, Dua Lipa for Zatanna, Dan Steven for Constantine, Aaron Paul for Deadman, and Idk Eric Andre for Swamp Thing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kimcity
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"