Cast The Sons of the Tiger movie

Discussion in 'Marvel Films' started by Mondragon, Jan 21, 2012.

1. Mondragon

Bruce Lee, Jim Kelly & John Saxon aside.
    What actors would you cast today for a Sons of the Tiger movie.

Lin Sun?
    Abe Brown?
    Bob Diamond?
    Hector Ayala?

Also cast for:
    Lotus Shinchuko?
    Ava Ayala (New White Tiger)?
    Detective Blackbyrd?
    & Master Kee?

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jul 30, 2015
  2. Hypestyle

Hypestyle Well-Known Member

heh-- wow. This could be a good TV series, if handled correctly-- nobody with "super" powers, just martial arts, the budget doesn't have to break the bank. I could easily see Michael Jai White as Brown. The other guys, I don't know-- Years ago I would have cast Russell Wong as Lin Sun; maybe Jason Scott Lee (although at this point I'm sure he'd run into the age criticisms).. Bob Diamond, hmm, any 30-ish caucasian actors who could be credible in TV martial arts, but don't have heavy accents (aka Van Damme)..?

Unknowns could play Master Kee and Blackbyrd, I guess..
    As far as the Tiger/Hector, hmm.. In the 90s I would cast Michael DeLorenzo.. Now, I don't know.. Antonio Sabato, Jr.?

3. Mondragon

Yeah this could totally work as a TV series, with a spin-off sister series featuring the Daughters of the Dragon, maybe Lotus Shinchuko could join the Daughters, bringing the two groups together.

There's a parallel fan cast going for them here - http://forums.superherohype.com/showthread.php?p=22383265&posted=1

Here's a slight (more Tiger inspired) redesign for the Sons, now featuring the four Tigers, one claw amulet each.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

The implication here being that after Hectors stint as the solo White Tiger, the Amulets return to the Sons, having found one more , Hector Ayala now joins them becoming FOUR Sons of the Tiger. One Claw amulet each, the Head amulet would return to Master Kee.
    Or used by the new White Tiger either Angela or Hector's sister.

Last edited: Oct 21, 2014
  4. Mondragon

True, he's pretty much played the character (in parody) already.

[​IMG]

[​IMG] [​IMG]

Yeah they'd have been great!

[​IMG]

Man you have pretty much hit the perfect cast for 10 - 15 years ago.

I'm thinking Ving Rhames might be the perfect Detective Blackbyrd -

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

And Chow Yun-fat is now closer to the age for Master Kee
    [​IMG][​IMG]

5. Mondragon

Ok here's an attempt at a cast, although still looking for suggestions...

Lin Sun - Chang Chen
    Abe Brown - Nate Parker
    Bob Diamond -Jensen Ackles
    Hector Ayala - Adam Rodriguez
    Lotus Shinchuko - Zhang Ziyi
    Ava Ayala - Roselyn Sánchez
    Detective Blackbyrd - Ving Rhames
    Master Kee - Chow Yun-fat

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

And a new matching themed costume for Master Kee. Making him in essence the Father of the Tigers.

If they look a bit Ninja Turtles-ish (especially with Master Kee standing in for Splinter) Or to Power Voltron Rangers - Well, know that The Sons of the Tiger all came first!

6. chasel83

chasel83 New Member

[​IMG]Thank you for sharing.

7. Spidey-Quad

Spidey-Quad Well-Known Member

I have to admit, bit confused. I thought the amulet was a mystic relic giving the wearer or wearers increased martial arts and physical abilities. Sounds like super powers to me. In fact I distinctly remember a character in amazing Spiderman wearing all 3 amulets and gaining even more power (the power of all 3 combined).

8. Mondragon

If you are referring to the above comment by Hypestyle, I imagine that's why he put the word "super" in quotes. Yes you are correct the amulets enhance i.e. power-up their innate abilities, that's how they work, but as far as tv level effects which is what he was talking about, it's not like they are shooting lasers out their eyes, morphing into tigers, flying around on lightning bolts, or anything very super effects heavy.
    Their "power" still manifests as pretty standard marshal art street level. Hence his comment about the budget doesn't have to break the bank.

That would be Hector Ayala, the original White Tiger, and yes he was powered by all three amulets at once.
    These were later passed to - his niece Angela Del Toro, and more recently his sister Ava Ayala the new White Tiger.
    Hector Ayala >[​IMG][​IMG]

Ava Ayala>[​IMG]

9. Mondragon

So, apparently today is International Tiger Day - 7/29 - http://forums.superherohype.com/showthread.php?t=502449
    So in that spirit, today is the day to celebrate, (and bump) Marvel's coolest and most neglected team , without a title, without a movie, without a TV show in the works, and apparently without the fandom.:argh:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

How does everyone not want this awesome movie, or TV show, or even as a ongoing, I don't get any of you!
    But for a brief instant today, the Tigers live again, for tomorrow they will sink back into oblivion.

...one day to rise again, ..."for each are born anew....THE TIGER'S SONS!"
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Jul 29, 2015
  10. Silvermoth

Silvermoth Avenger

Dascha polanco would be an amazing white tiger I reckon

11. Aquinones

Aquinones New Member

Bring back the Original White Tiger!!! Hector Ayala. Marvel writers have punked this hero out to many times. A hero would never grab a police officers gun and run out, only to get shot!!! Even if he was framed. When the White Tigers family was slaughter, they wrote him to have a nervous breakdown, and let Spiderman finish what he was suppose to do. I'm sorry, when a Hero is struck with grief or faced with a tragedy, he stands tall and shows that he is the only one who can do the job. Just like when Spiderman's uncle ben was killed. That was his turning point.

12. Hypestyle

Hypestyle Well-Known Member

there's certainly a chance to "get it right" with an MCU interpretation.

13. BarryAllen

BarryAllen ey b0ss

I do hope we see them show up in the Netflix side of things. Maybe age them up and have them be a group in the past who encountered the Hand before and helps give info and support to the Defenders?