Charlottes Web.

BloodyWolverine

Superhero
Reaction score
Did not see a thread on this. Ofcourse many comic tough guys probably won't respond but Paramount is remaking the 1972 animated classic cartoon based off the book Charlottes Web. The original was one of those Wizard Of Oz classic's for me. It stared as the voic talents of Debbie Reynolds, Henry Gibson, Paul Lynde, Rex Allen Sr, and Agnes Moorehead.

I have waited for a live version of Charlottes web when they made the rip off movie Babe and then Gordy. Which were obvious movies inspired by Charlottes web.

The movie trailer can be seen on yahoo movies. This movie is basically the same story as the 1972 classic with alot more barn animals in the movie. I tells of a friendship between Charlotte a spider and Wilbur a Pig and Charlottes promise to save Wilbur from being ground sausage and crunchy bacon.
The cast voice talents in this christmas live action adaptation is thus.

Dakota Fanning/ Fern.
Charlotte A Covatica/ Julia Roberts.
Dominic Scott Kay/ Wilbur the Pig.
Steve Buscemi/ Templeton the Rat.

Rest of the voice animal cast.
Opra Winfrey/ Gussy The Goose.
John Cleese/ Sam/ Sheep.
Cedric The Entertainer/ Golly/ Goose.
Kathy Bates / Cow.
Reba McEntire/Cow.
Thomas Hayden Church Cow.
Andra 3000 Benjamin Cow.
Robert Redford/Ike.

In before the hatred starts to pour in, I think it looks cute and will be surely worth a rental.

I liked the original and don't see any reason why they should remake it. I wish they would take a book that was mistreated or not even done and make a movie of that instead. I'm still waiting for Elfquest, Little Fuzzy and This Can't be Happening at MacDonald Hall.

Dakota Fanning? Cedric? Oprah?

Count me out. :down

I love the original cartoon, and I hate when they make these money vacuum live-action craps. :cmad:

Oh Wilbur. :csad:

I have yet to see a closeup of the CGI Charlotte A. Cavatica character, but I hear tell if you have a fear of spiders, avoid it.

Yep its definately a rental but I love John Cleese and Steve Buscemi ( I can see Templeton in him from Randall)

DOG LIPS said:
Dakota Fanning? Cedric? Oprah?

Count me out. :down

I love the original cartoon, and I hate when they make these money vacuum live-action craps. :cmad:

Oh Wilbur. :csad:
:csad: :csad: Dakota Fanning is the best kid-actrees ever.. she is the next Drew Barrymore!! (without the drugs)

charlottesweb_bigteaserposter.jpg

web2.jpg

i dont care, ill go to the theater and watch this... anything with dakota fanning.

^...........Kay

anyway saw the animated version, don't need to see this until it gets put on cable.

Knives122 said:
^...........Kay

anyway saw the animated version, don't need to see this until it gets put on cable.
what can i say... she is like my guilty pleasure... fall for her in I am sam.. and cant get enough since then! :woot:

*Dark_Phoenix* said:
what can i say... she is like my guilty pleasure... fall for her in I am sam.. and cant get enough since then! :woot:

Ew :ninja:

I think I'll wait for the video,but I really am intrested to see what Charlotte will look like.

i remember reading rumors the ending was changed due to it being to strong for kids

I agree with the general posters in this thread.

I'm not interested, why because childhood classics are hard to die, and you can never do better nostalgic wise as the first.

I don't know why they would change the ending for if any kid has seen the cartoon they know that Charlotte being a spider has short life spand and Charlotte dies.

The ending is one of the things that makes it great.
Why? :huh:

Hmm. Well, I loved the original movie as a kid, it was one of my favourites and one that was continually played at school when sport was cancelled due to rain! I'm sure I'll wait for the DVD to watch this new remake, but it looks cute enough. The poster with the pig is adorable :) Although, I can already see my 9-year-old sister begging me to take her to see this in the theatre lol.

My one draw back is the major leads in this. bieng the voice actors of the Spider, Rat, Pig and Goose , Sheep.

If it where up to me this is my voice cast for these 5.

Charlotte- Cate Blanchett.
Wilbur- Jack Black.
Templeton- Denis Leary.
Goose- Angelica Houston.
Sheep- Patrick Stewart.

Wait, they changed the ending to where Charlotte doesn't die? :cmad:

I have a great fear of spiders though. Is the graphics on Charlotte really going to be that good? :(

The reason why Charlotte wasn't threatening in the original was because it was a cartoon. No thanks to movie with a real-looking spider as one of the stars. Even the trailer creeped me out.

:down

Yeah but shes definately one of the better looking spiders

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"