Chris Meloni stars in Syfy's HAPPY

Sawyer

Definitely Not 40
Reaction score
Series Ordered
Based on Grant Morrison and Darick Robertson’s graphic novel, Happy!, from Universal Cable Productions, follows Nick Sax (Christopher Meloni) – an intoxicated, corrupt ex-cop turned hit man – who is adrift in a world of casual murder, soulless sex and betrayal. After a hit gone wrong, his inebriated life is forever changed by a tiny, relentlessly positive, imaginary blue winged horse named “Happy” (Bobby Moynihan).

Morrison and Brian Taylor (Crank, Gamer) co-wrote the pilot teleplay and executive produce. Neal Moritz, Pavun Shetty and Toby Jaffe of Original Film, Meloni and showrunner Patrick Macmanus will also executive produce. Taylor directed the pilot.
C_kTF0lVwAAfzP5.jpg:large

Never read the GN, but reading the synopsis and seeing Morrison's name, I'll assume it's a mindf***.

So I found an article about upcoming shows that had a trailer for this one:

[YT]H4gFlDn6c0c[/YT]

This is the first time I have ever heard of this show, or the graphic novels that inspired it.

So yeah.

Premiere's tomorrow.

My DVR's set. Is yours?

Patton Oswalt only makes this series sound even better. I was planning to watch it before so this is a cherry on top. Oswalt is great at voice work.

Oh my God. How the hell have I just found out about this? I am so ****ing there.

I've had it programmed for 11 days now (DVR guide shows 12 days out).

December premieres make me slightly nervous for how much of a priority a show might be to their network, but this seems to be getting hyped, from what I've seen.

Oh yeah.

This is "night of" viewing for me. This won't be collecting in my DVR like a number of the shows I record.

The uncensored f-bombs do make me all that much more excited for season 3 of The Magicians.

s1 ep 1 "Saint Nick"

I thought that was a pretty crazy pilot and was surprised it worked so well given the premise. I really like the casting of Christopher Meloni and Patton Oswalt. I'm excited for the rest of the season.

I'd actually never heard of this show until I saw an ad for it the day before it aired.

I was a bit skeptical since there are so many ways to do a show with an "imaginary" friend really badly, but with Meloni and Oswalt in it I figured I'd at least give it a few minutes to see if it had any promise.

The pilot hit the ground running and never slowed down and I watched it all and wanted more.

Meloni really nailed his character, he just seems so out there, especially the ambulance scene and in the hospital.

This is definitely being added to the list of shows I watch regularly.

What's the deal with this being a 48-50 minute show? Anyway, really loved the pilot. Yeah, I'm hoping with this and Blood Drive (haven't watched it yet, but heard they had f-bombs galore), hopefully The Magicians will get in on the act as well. I held off watching the second season hoping for unedited episodes like they did with season 1, but it doesn't look like that's happening for S2.

So.

Who else is hoping that
Jerry Springer
is a recurring character? :sly:

Last edited:
is this worth my time? I feel i wanna binge it when the season ends. I quite like Meloni. Was sad when he left SVU, but he made up for it with his appearance in True Blood and Man of Steel and some other things.

is this worth my time? I feel i wanna binge it when the season ends. I quite like Meloni. Was sad when he left SVU, but he made up for it with his appearance in True Blood and Man of Steel and some other things.

So far, it has been very good and very entertaining. At least as far as I'm concerned.

Tastes vary, but it's got my recommendation.

I never got around to finishing the comic series, but I've been looking forward to this since I heard about it at SDCC. Hopefully it turns out to be one of the good SyFy shows.

It's already one of the best shows based on a comic.

That's not exactly a high bar. The only ones worth mentioning are Daredevil, Punisher and maybe Jessica Jones. I've heard good thing about Preacher but couldn't get past the first episode.

This show starts much stronger out of the gate than Preacher did. The first two episodes have been great and hopefully Happy! will manage to keep up the quality.

Preacher on the other hand didn't become really good until the second season imo.

Just binge watched them, this is weird show and I want more

Last edited:
Great cliffhanger of sorts to end episode 4! Looks like we have to wait until January 10th for the next episode though.

I've watched the first two episodes so far and happily (heh) they're as good as I hoped. The production quality and camera work is standard TV work, nothing noteworthy there, but Nick trips are great. Can't remember if the Jerry Springer bit was in the comic, but it was both unexpected and fantastic. Meloni was just perfect casting, and this show wouldn't be a tenth of what it is without him. I'm really impressed by how much he's putting into his performance, he must really think this is something special.

Somehow (probably Morrison's involvement), this show managed to break through the comic book TV show curse. I'm really liking what I'm seeing so far, and I hope the quality is maintained throughout the season.

Does anyone know if they're going to stretch this out overall multiple seasons, or is it basically a miniseries?

Great show. The best comic book show around if you ask me.

I've watched three now. This is very strange. :p

Fark Judy Blume? :lmao:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"