Computer Generated Music

Malice

BMFH
Reaction score
Does anyone on Hype! know how and have a little experience writing and making music via a PC?

I am curious...please reply if you do.

Yes.

I'm shortly getting a Kork Electrix for my birthday.

I have a Mixer, not used it for a while.

Are you talking composition as in notation...if so use 'finale', or the free 'noteworthy composer'. If you want to play with loops and things, 'reason' is good, 'fruity loops', or if you want to record from your guitars etc...adobe makes a pretty decent product in 'audition'.

Just curious if anyone around here has written and actually composed music into a file and allowed others to hear it...Some of the stuff I have heard before is good and would love to hear if anyone has anything for playback...

Are you talking composition as in notation...if so use 'finale', or the free 'noteworthy composer'. If you want to play with loops and things, 'reason' is good, 'fruity loops', or if you want to record from your guitars etc...adobe makes a pretty decent product in 'audition'.

Man, Reason is a nightmare for me to use. I know it's a phenomenal program but after using most other loop based software, I feel like I need to be an engineer to operate it.

you can do some looping with adobe audition

Just curious if anyone around here has written and actually composed music into a file and allowed others to hear it...Some of the stuff I have heard before is good and would love to hear if anyone has anything for playback...

I publish most of my work online. I compose music for band, orchestra, but I also just write and record my own stuff on guitars...feel free to check it out at www.myspace.com/rijuco

I have a few things I've done but much of it has heavy samples or is remixes.

Ive dabbled in it abit and my mate is a Dj and he does it alot!

Manly use Reason 4 and Ableton Live 7

http://www.myspace.com/raphusf20

thats the 2 songs i have on the net, the tetris one was done with a synth and drum machine tho

i've done some experimental midis. i used a program called anvil studio.

I've written some stuff using Finale, but I'm no composer. It's hard if you haven't had any training or know how to get what to you want into it.
I have a friend who's insane at that stuff though.

I've remixed some stuff with FL7, and it didn't come out too bad, but I'm seriously not anything worth a mention.

I'm working on an album but songs will be posted at ***, not here where it might destroy the lives of all of the children and foment the disintegration of American culture.

Does anyone sing and do their own recording? 'Cause I would love to do something with some of these instrumental tracks I've got lying around.

Ive dabbled in it abit and my mate is a Dj and he does it alot!

Manly use Reason 4 and Ableton Live 7

http://www.myspace.com/raphusf20

thats the 2 songs i have on the net, the tetris one was done with a synth and drum machine tho

Dont care for the Tetris song too much, the second one is quite interesting...
Needs something else, as it just seems repetative

I publish most of my work online. I compose music for band, orchestra, but I also just write and record my own stuff on guitars...feel free to check it out at www.myspace.com/rijuco

You got sdome good tunes...didnt have time to listen to them all but listened to a little of each.
Keep up the great work!

Has everyone heard this? I love it.

I make music, and if you're just starting out download FL Studio 5 or 6. Very easy to use, has lots of samples in it.

This was all done by a good friend of mine. If you're looking for some tracks, feel free to contact him.

http://zentalityonline.com/musicpage.html

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"