Could Alan Scott be the New Green Lantern?

John-An

Wonder Fingers!
Reaction score
Before Hal fans and Green Lantern corps fans come with anger I just want to say that this is pure speculation and a theory that I wanted to share. I think the possibilities to have Hal are really high according to what they've done on all media lately, including Johns involvement.

Alan Scott is by far one of the best things of the new comics. His personality, his origin, all are great on Earth 2. I think it's possibilities are low but we can't completely dismiss this one. This GL while not being part of the corps, it can be again addressed..

I just think it could be nice that the green lantern power in this universe, kind of mystic is coming from earth...

My question... would be a possibility that they may want to adapt this version of Green Lantern?

3297328-tumblr_mqpgshwzxs1sotybdo1_500.jpg

Last edited:
If Ezra is Jay, then i wouldn't mind seeing Alan. There are problems with Alan that don't need to be explained, but if he would be an amalgamation of different GLs, that'd be cool .

It makes sense to finally legitimize the very first versions of these characters. Still though, the stories featuring Barry and Hal are superior to the stories featuring Jay and Alan.

Idk, i'll get behind it if it's a blend of Alan and Hal.

They really just need to go with the New 52 lineup tho

Last edited:
To the question at hand... Nope.

If Ezra is Jay, then i wouldn't mind seeing Alan. There are problems with Alan that don't need to be explained, but if he would be an amalgamation of different GLs, that'd be cool .

It makes sense to finally legitimize the very first versions of these characters. Still though, the stories featuring Barry and Hal are superior to the stories featuring Jay and Alan.

Idk, i'll get behind it if it's a blend of Alan and Hal.

They really just need to go with the New 52 lineup tho
The parts in bold are kinda my opinions too.
They could combine all Flashes into one, and the same with the earthly Lanterns...or they could just use Hal and Barry but call them Alan and Jay. I wouldn't mind at all.
It's just other names for the characters.

Not everything has to be exactly like the comic books, and this could be one one to go
Justice League to consist of Clark Kent, Bruce Wayne, Diana Prince, Jay Garrick, Alan Scott, Arthur Curry etc??? :) H*ll yeah, just go for it! :)

Then it makes even more sense for Carter Hall to be introduced later on. In this cinematic universe, there never was a Justice Society. Perhaps??!!

Last edited:
i get the appeal of wanting to establish the first versions of Flash and Green Lantern. The problem is that the later versions of Flash and Green Lantern (Barry and Hal) are superior

i get the appeal of wanting to establish the first versions of Flash and Green Lantern. The problem is that the later versions of Flash and Green Lantern (Barry and Hal) are superior
As I said, use Hal and Barry (incl. the suits) but call them Alan and Jay

Fanboy Superior, yes. GA superior? So far the 3M+ like Barry while the majority gave a damn more for John Stewart thean they ever will Hal

False, all it will take is one movie and everyone will love Hal. The 2011 movie was weak but Snyder is going to make everyone love Hal

Don't you people understand that it doesn't ****ing matter what the ga think of GL right now?

Quit making that point because it doesn't mean anything! GL is going to be shown twice in ensemble films before he gets his own film. That's why the ga doesn't matter . Their opinion will only matter AFTER those two JL films

Soon everyone will forget about John Stewart and his incredibly flawed adaptation on the JL animated series . Very soon

False, all it will take is one movie and everyone will love Hal. The 2011 movie was weak but Snyder is going to make everyone love Hal

Don't you people understand that it doesn't ****ing matter what the ga think of GL right now?

Quit making that point because it doesn't mean anything! GL is going to be shown twice in ensemble films before he gets his own film. That's why the ga doesn't matter . Their opinion will only matter AFTER those two JL films

Soon everyone will forget about John Stewart and his incredibly flawed adaptation on the JL animated series . Very soon

Incredibly flawed? INCREDIBLY FLAWED!!

You, me old china, are full of yoursefl

GL on JL TAS was a terrible take on the GL mythology. Using John Stewart on the animated series prevented both Sinestro and Star Sapphire from being actual characters. i enjoyed the GL centric episodes, but the way they handled Sinestro and Star Sapphire leads me to believe that a John solo movie would be awful.

GL TAS and virtually every other GL animated appearance aside from the DCAU has shown far more respect for and understanding of the canon

You don't leave Hal out, it creates too many problems. Unless they are fully committed to a Hal/John amalgamation, i reaaally don't see John working onscreen.

I'd love to see Alan Scott. It'd be a good way to keep the GL mythology without having to remind people of the turd that was the Hal Jordan movie. I'm more partial to John Stewart but DC doing the first gay superhero in mainstream cinema could be pretty cool to see.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
anarchomando1
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"