Green Lantern's Light... The Official Kyle Rayner Thread

Juan1193

Sidekick
Reaction score
So with the recent rumors that DC/WB wants a Hal/John/Kyle lead GL Corps movie I felt it was necessary for Kyle to also have his own thread, like Hal and John do. So what do you think? Who would you cast?

http://www.comicbookresources.com/article/dceu-rumors-green-lantern-corps-enlists-kyle-rayner-the-flash-casting-these-5-characters

latest

5-momentos-clave-en-la-vida-del-green-lantern-kyle-rayner-0.jpg

I honestly hope they cast a Latino actor in the role as Kyle is one of DC's more prominent Latino characters (recon or not). My choice would be between Ryan Guzman or Alex Meraz.

Ryan+Guzman+Now+See+Screening+Hollywood+Part+yrmLPlIljNKl.jpg

alex-meraz.jpg

If they go with a Latino actor in the role then I would go with Michael Trevino of Vampire Diaries fame to play Kyle Rayner or even Milo Ventimiglia to play Kyle

So with the recent rumors that DC/WB wants a Hal/John/Kyle lead GL Corps movie I felt it was necessary for Kyle to also have his own thread, like Hal and John do. So what do you think? Who would you cast?

http://www.comicbookresources.com/a...e-rayner-the-flash-casting-these-5-characters

latest

5-momentos-clave-en-la-vida-del-green-lantern-kyle-rayner-0.jpg

I honestly hope they cast a Latino actor in the role as Kyle is one of DC's more prominent Latino characters (recon or not). My choice would be between Ryan Guzman or Alex Meraz.

Ryan+Guzman+Now+See+Screening+Hollywood+Part+yrmLPlIljNKl.jpg

I definitely get a Kyle vibe from this guy. Good call, Juan.

Tyler Posey is another actor who I can see as Kyle Rayner or even Tyler Hoechlin

I definitely get a Kyle vibe from this guy. Good call, Juan.

Yeah he definitely has the look down, when he lets his hair grow out that long of course. He also has the acting chops as well. He's Mexican American too so it works! :)

If DC were using Jessica Cruz i'd use Lindsey Morgan or Diane Guerrero. Both are Latinas.

Tyler Posey is another actor who I can see as Kyle Rayner or even Tyler Hoechlin

I prefer him more for Blue Beetle. He looks like Jaime too. Michael Trevino could also work as Kyle.

Michael Trevino then would be the best pick

They definitely need to cast a Latino in the role. And I think they'll be shooting younger then a lot of the suggestions so far. Early 20s, probably.

They definitely need to cast a Latino in the role. And I think they'll be shooting younger then a lot of the suggestions so far. Early 20s, probably.

That's probably true. I honestly can't think of any early 20's (20-25) Latino actors off the top of my head besides Tyler Posey. Most of the Latino actors i know are in the late 20's to mid 30's age range. Time to do some research. Something tells me they're going to cast a White guy in the role though since Kyle's last name isn't Hernandez/Reyes/Diaz/Chavez or something Hispanic sounding :/

That's probably true. I honestly can't think of any early 20's (20-25) Latino actors off the top of my head besides Tyler Posey. Most of the Latino actors i know are in the late 20's to mid 30's age range. Time to do some research. Something tells me they're going to cast a White guy in the role though since Kyle's last name isn't Hernandez/Reyes/Diaz/Chavez or something Hispanic sounding :/

As much as diversity is a hot button topic these days, it would be a huge mistake to cast a Hipanic character white. Especially a potential franchise lead!

I'd rather see him as Hal. Even then I'd rather see him as Doctor Strange. :(

Oscar Issac is a bit too old to play Kyle in my opinion, that's why i suggested other young Latino actors.

You know who might be an interesting choice for Kyle?

Ludi Lin

image.jpg

It's a shame Henry Zaga got cast in new mutants because he would have been perfect as Kyle. Oh well, maybe it's better they keep him for a sequel anyway

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
anarchomando1
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"