World Could Michael J. Fox Have Made a Good Peter Parker?

Let's say hypothetically, a Spider-Man movie was made in the 1980s and he didn't come down with Parkinson's, I could honestly see Michael J. Fox as a decent Peter Parker. He has both that everyman appeal needed for the role and based on his sitcom work, could convincingly transfer Spidey's trademark wit and sarcastic streak. My main concern, would of naturally been, his height. Spidey is like 5'10 in the comics, whereas Michael J. Fox is about 5'5.
That's what I were thinking a while back!!! I wish he was younger right now, he would be the perfect Spidey!!!
Aah, I wanna go watch Back To The Future now!!!

He woulda been great.

I always thought good 80's Spideys woulda been..

Cusack
Jason Bateman (go watch Hogan Family now!!!)

haha, now that you've mentioned that, he would have been ideal for the quips and the fighting and the general Parker stuff. Then again, I'm not sure if he would have been right for the MJ/drama side of things

Michael J Fox would have been amazing!

Fox would've definitely made a great Peter Parker/Spider-Man. He fit the role so well. Now we can only imagine.

Hell, Fox could probably pull off Spidey even WITH Parkinson's disease.

It's interesting you would start a thread about this, because Peter Parker has always seemed a lot like Marty McFly to me (which is the complete polar opposite of the wooden, lethargic, humorless portrayal that Tobey Maguire gave us!)

Oh, **** yes he would have! :awesome:

I always thought MJF had the makings of a great Peter Parker. Just look at how he played Alex P. Keaton. He was extremely convincing as a bright and intelligent teen but also had the wit, charm and charisma, just pouring out of him.

(He would have nailed both Peter & Spider-Man's personalities, with ease)

Also, If I could pluck another star from the past, I'd go back and get Ann Margret to play Mary Jane. :D

Molly Ringwald I'd say for a Michael J. Fox Spider-Man.

Ann Margret was literally the basis for the character. When John Romita created MJ, he modeled her after Ann Margret (circa Bye Bye, Birdie).

She basically was the real Mary Jane Watson. :cool:

Bump

A Spider-man movie in the 1980's....

1z5hwkj.jpg

Michael J. Fox as Peter Parker
Diane Lane as Mary Jane Watson
Jessica Tandy as Aunt May
R. Lee Ermey as J. Jonah Jameson

Michael J. Fox would have been PERFECT for an 80s Spidey film

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts