• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

Currently Writting a Green Lantern script for fun

Brendan

Dead By Dawn
Reaction score
I'm currently planning to write a script for a Green Lantern movie. It is only fan fiction project that I'm doing for fun. I've written scripts before and wanted to do a superhero one and decided on Green Lantern. I'm looking for suggestions from people, especially concerning villains. Since this is an Origin story, the main villain I plan on is Legion. Hal Jordan will shortly encounter Legion early on in the film when discovering Abin Sur and having the Lantern responsibilities of sector 2814 passed down to him. Legion escapes while Hal believes him to be dead and then Legion reappears during the second half of the story.

In between that though I was thinking of having a more human villain such as the Black Hand. Should I get rid of Black Hand once Legion returns? Is it a bad idea to have Black Hand use Legion in some way or should I keep them seperated? Is Black Hand a good idea for a villain or should I use someone else, or should I only focus on Legion?

I was also thinking of giving Carol Ferris her handicap that she had in the Green Larnet/Green Arrow comics when Hal sees her again for the first time in a long time. Is this a bad idea?

Thanks for any of your help.

I am writing a script currently that has him as a drunk after his fathers death and he recieves the ring from Abin Sur who is being hunted by manhunters. It's kind of a cross between "Signs" and "Superman".

The one I'm writing has John Stewart getting the ring when Hal Jordan leaves for Oa and points beyond... I was going to go with Sonar and possibly Sinestro with themes of misused control and fear of power.

OP, you want a movie to be cohesive so that the conclusion hits hard. So I would suggest having the Black Hand and Legion be connected in some way, either the BH sending Legion or Legion attracting the attention of BH. Just my suggestion.

dude your the man cas i was gonna plan a trilogy to green lantern. it would be nuts. the problem is who would play good ole GL

I was thinking George Eads. There was an issue of Wizard magazine I picked up once that suggested him for the role. I don't think it's a bad idea, he kind of looks the part.

NICK1.jpeg
haljordan.jpg

Does anyone think having Carol Ferris handicap later in the script a bad idea?

This is my vision for a Green Lantern film:

A war between American and another nation reflecting the modern war on terrorism is happening in the world. Hal Jordan is a pilot overseas fighting in this war but hates his job and as his devotion to it led to his prior marriage falling apart.

He is a darker, more complex man....divorced from a wife back in Coast City who has custody over his 4 year old daughter who she keeps away from him. He keeps a picture of his daughter with him, remembering her and dreaming of coming back to Coast City as he embarks into the battle front.

Eventually he finds the remains of Abin Sur's crashed ship and the power is passed onto him. Another GL was sent to Earth to find Abin Sur and save his ring; he ends up educating Hal about the Corps and training him.

That GL has secret ambitions of his own as hes gained access to the dark Yellow element (weakness of GL's rings) and uses it to reawaken an army of Manhunter Robots that the guardians once built centuries ago.

Hes trying to create his own army to conquer Sector 8472 and the only chance Earth has is for the United States and the country its in a dispute with....to combine technological resources and unite to defeat this global threat with Green Lantern acting as a symbol of peace and hope for the future of man.

John Stewart (not a Green Lantern) also appears as Hal's army buddy that he confides in.

Carol Ferris as Hal's new young love interest in the film.

The mysterious GL would eventually become Sinestro, his appearance is different at first so it isnt obvious to the audience.

Kilowog would also appear.

I came up with some casting ideas for a Green Lantern movie that I would really like.

Wentworth Miller (Prison Break) as Hal Jordan

normal_wentworth_miller_04.jpg
250px-Greenlantern.PNG

and Jordana Brewster (Texas Chainsaw Massacre: The Beginning) as Carol Ferris

brewsterlw6.jpg
HalCarolKiss.gif

Brendan said:
I'm currently planning to write a script for a Green Lantern movie. It is only fan fiction project that I'm doing for fun. I've written scripts before and wanted to do a superhero one and decided on Green Lantern. I'm looking for suggestions from people, especially concerning villains. Since this is an Origin story, the main villain I plan on is Legion. Hal Jordan will shortly encounter Legion early on in the film when discovering Abin Sur and having the Lantern responsibilities of sector 2814 passed down to him. Legion escapes while Hal believes him to be dead and then Legion reappears during the second half of the story.

In between that though I was thinking of having a more human villain such as the Black Hand. Should I get rid of Black Hand once Legion returns? Is it a bad idea to have Black Hand use Legion in some way or should I keep them seperated? Is Black Hand a good idea for a villain or should I use someone else, or should I only focus on Legion?

I was also thinking of giving Carol Ferris her handicap that she had in the Green Larnet/Green Arrow comics when Hal sees her again for the first time in a long time. Is this a bad idea?

Thanks for any of your help.
Well, I don't know a lot about GL, but I can say good luck on your adventure.

Scriptwriting for me is so hard and frustrating, and maybe you've heard I'm writing a little feature film called Space Ghost...<<<<<That script is hard!

Just don't let anyone tell you how to do it. You do it the way YOU want it to be done.

GL is a pretty cool character BTW.

Brendan said:
I came up with some casting ideas for a Green Lantern movie that I would really like.

Wentworth Miller (Prison Break) as Hal Jordan

normal_wentworth_miller_04.jpg
250px-Greenlantern.PNG

and Jordana Brewster (Texas Chainsaw Massacre: The Beginning) as Carol Ferris

brewsterlw6.jpg
HalCarolKiss.gif

why be so stoke(not you 'but most of members) to have a post teen actor to play superheros. by the way most superheros (exept flash)are early thirtie

Brendan said:
I was thinking George Eads. There was an issue of Wizard magazine I picked up once that suggested him for the role. I don't think it's a bad idea, he kind of looks the part.

NICK1.jpeg
haljordan.jpg

by the way whene alex ross paint this poster he take the face of bruce cambell and bruce cambell the guy how give peter is name spider man in siperman the movie

by the way some time alex ross for painting some character he take the face of some friends or actor look at kindom come or some alex ross paint and you will see

pifpaf said:
why be so stoke(not you 'but most of members) to have a post teen actor to play superheros. by the way most superheros (exept flash)are early thirtie

I just thought he would fit for a younger Green Lantern. Plus according to IMDB he was born in 1972 so he's not as young as you thought.

I would much rather see Bruce in Evil Dead 4 like if that would ever happen, but at least My Name is Bruce is going to have him fighting zombies.

I'm down with George Eads as Hal, but i also think Joquain Pheonix (sp) would be good, not sure why, he just looks fairly right and is a tallented actor.

For the guy writing a John Stewart Script, the only guy i can see pulling that off well is Will Smith - he looks right, would draw a crowd and is a good actor

Brendan said:

NICK1.jpeg
haljordan.jpg

Joaquin Phoenix.

And Alex Ross is awesome!

I'm currently writing a GL script for Smallville. Except it's not Hal, I'm using Kyle.

Brendan I like your pick for Hal (Wentworth Miller) though I think he would make a better Kyle than Hal.

Hal is just a much better character than Kyle, I wouldn't care much for the GL movie if they for some reason chose Kyle over Hal.

And as for John Stewart, I was also thinking Leonard Roberts from Heroes and Smallville.

heroes_haaseth.jpg

Brendan said:
Hal is just a much better character than Kyle, I wouldn't care much for the GL movie if they for some reason chose Kyle over Hal.

And as for John Stewart, I was also thinking Leonard Roberts from Heroes and Smallville.

heroes_haaseth.jpg

Yeah he does look like a younger John Stewart. Was he Nam ek in Smallville?

How far have you gotten so far on your script?

I believe he was.

And I haven't gotten very far on my script at all, I'm way too busy with college plus I might be putting it off for a while for some other writing projects I've had in mind.

I've been trying to work on an idea though for a story similar to Emerald Dawn, but I have a little trouble trying not to make it too similar to that story. Plus I'm also trying to come up with more ways for how I can work Black Hand into the story.

I think my best things so far is my focus on Hal's romantic interest in Carol.

pifpaf said:

Wentworth IS in his early thirties. However I don't like Jordana.
I was thinking Anne Hathaway for Carol Ferris.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stryderzer0
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"