Deadpool 2 Daniel Cudmore would have been a much better choice for Cable

It would seem I watch more TV and movies than most posting on this thread. Considering all they can come up with is "he cameo'd in twilight"

Oh, so he still acts.
There must be at least one reason why he wasn't hired to do more Colossus after his cameos in the second and third X-Men movies and was replaced with complete CGI figure. If they didn't want him back for that role I don't see why they'd bring him in for another role in the world they are currently working on.

Oh, so he still acts.
There must be at least one reason why he wasn't hired to do more Colossus after his cameos in the second and third X-Men movies and was replaced with complete CGI figure. If they didn't want him back for that role I don't see why they'd bring him in for another role in the world they are currently working on.

giphy.gif

Cudmore responded to Miller's comments by revealing that he didn't just turn down the role because Colossus would be entirely computer-generated throughout — they wanted to use someone else's voice too.

43543543.png

http://comicbook.com/2015/08/07/daniel-cudmore-confirms-he-was-offered-colossus-in-deadpool/

Who could really blame the dude for turning down the gig after he was actually in and out of costume in Days of Future Past, as well as X2 and X3 like you mentioned. What would be the point if all they were going to do was use complete CGI and someone else's voice?

Last edited:
It would seem I watch more straight-to-DVD/DTV TV and movies than most posting on this thread. Considering all they can come up with is "he cameo'd in twilight"

Fixed that little gem of a post for you, free of charge.

The X-movies and the Twilight movies were referenced because they are the highest profile movies that he's been in and, yes, each appearance was indeed a glorified cameo. I have actually seen Cudmore in The Baytown Outlaws, so lets just say that I'm over the moon that we got Brolin.

Yeah, no. Well, he actually turned the role down, and Deadpool was the first time Colossus was actually interesting and had some personality on the big screen. Next.

There was no point in Cudmore reprising his role since they were going to let another actor voice his character.

I almost did a Beavis-style spit take after seeing the title of this thread.

tumblr_m32ucne_Va_W1rut0ggo1_500.gif

Nah! Cudmore's a bit too bland to me, that and his role wouldn't have fit the goofier personality they were going for the character. I can see why he turned down the part.

Daniel Cudmore or Josh Brolin.... tough call...

I hope the trailer released today strongly discredits this.

Daniel Cudmore already played Colossus in the XCU however let's not kid ourselves here, it's not like the XCU hasn't had worse continuity issues at this point. The dude is 35, 6'6, 250 lbs and a powerhouse. He's a decent actor and with some good practical makeup / effects we would have had a much better, spot on representation of the character Cable. This version of Cable and Domino that we got are piss poor lazy attempts which turned out looking like high end attempts at a comic con cosplay. Nothing more, nothing less.

Cable is supposed to tower over Deadpool, coming in at 6'8, 350 lbs. Not ending up smaller than Deadpool with Brolin coming in at 5'10 and 190 lbs. Reynolds is taller than Brolin by almost 5 inches.

Colossus-Workout-main.jpg

Colossus-Battling-Ropes.jpg

daniel-cudmore-height-weight-age-body-measurements-1000x600.jpg

Can we drop this whiny toddler mentality that if a costume or someone’s proportions aren’t EXACTLY what one random fanboy wanted, then the costume is “piss poor lazy.” No it’s not, you’re just having an absolute tantrum. Piss poor lazy would be hiring a terrible actor because he’s taller than Reynolds. Hugh Jackman wasn’t 5’3”, I have a feeling you managed alright.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
osayi
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"