Darkwing Duck

Catman

Avenger
Reaction score
Why does Disney continue to deny us a Darkwing Duck movie? It's the perfect time to make one!

darkwing-duck.gif

[YT]BR8EV2GO6HQ[/YT]

Okay, but unless they let Pixar do this, this movie would go straight to dvd

Screw Pixar!

It's time for Disney to prove they can still make a good animated movie without Pixar's help. I think Walt Disney would be disgusted with the fact Pixar has a monopoly on all the animated feature films released by his company. I blame Michael Eisner, he killed Disney's animation division a long time ago.

We are just living in a new age.
Look at animation 20 years ago,then look 20 years further back and then 20 years before that. Cartoons have evolved from the days of silent, black and white mickey mouse cartoons and I would like to think the animated Disney Musicals are left in the 90's for a reason.

traditional disney works for fairy tales and mythology, but for Darkwing I can't see this movie being a sucess unless its strait up CGI

Thank goodness, they need more then just one animated feature per year. That's my problem with Disney since joining forces with Pixar, one animated movie released during the summer and that's all.

Darkwing Duck movie would be AWESOME!!!

I love the show.

Actually, if I'm not mistaken, Disney only released at most, one major animated movie per year (or less) even in its renaissance (Little Mermaid to Tarzan). Personally, I don't think it was the Disney-Pixar teamup that ended Disney's traditional animated movies. Rather, the blame falls on the likes of Shrek, which aside from using CGI, made crude humor the new family entertainment, something Disney animators have thus far thankfully not sunk to.

I would totally see this for nostalgia's sake.

Actually, if I'm not mistaken, Disney only released at most, one major animated movie per year (or less) even in its renaissance (Little Mermaid to Tarzan). Personally, I don't think it was the Disney-Pixar teamup that ended Disney's traditional animated movies. Rather, the blame falls on the likes of Shrek, which aside from using CGI, made crude humor the new family entertainment, something Disney animators have thus far thankfully not sunk to.

Crappy stories from Disney, WB, Fox and Dreamworks killed the traditional animation in North America. Studios look at Pixar doing very well at the box office and see how the traditional films weren't even breaking even. It was a business decision to focus on 3-D. But it was because due to a poor overall story or lack of marketing. The Iron Giant is better than anything Dreamworks has put out. Take any Pixar story and turn it into 2-D, its still a great story.

Aladdin, The Lion King, Beauty and The Beast were huge at the box office for their time and adjust for inflation would rank high or just around Shrek 2 and Finding Nemo. But now the computer animated movies have 1000+ more theatres to play in with stronger marketing and tons of merchandise to sell.

Patton Oswalt revealing a secret about animated films
[YT]7Kw4IE8Sr1Q[/YT]

Yup. If they make an effort to produce quality 2D movies the genre could survive.

but why? cgi movies just look better in every way. the only reason to do animation in 2D anymore is nostalgia.

can you imagine how cool a darkwing duck movie would be if done similar to that TMNT movie?

I would love for this to happen it would truly be amazing!

2-D, has something a bit more classy to it considering that it is all hand drawn its like a real labor of Love and that I enjoy. Knowing actual hands went into creating the image as opposed to digital hands.

sorry, i disagree.

even "digital hands" have to create every frame by hand. they still have to "draw it", just not by pencil. and a lot more emotion ends up on screen because of it... look at wall-e, that thing didn't even have a mouth, and it emoted more than some actors do.

Something having to do with Deadpool fighting Deathstroke,
and nothing to do with Darkwing Duck?

Ben Stiller as Darkwing Duck, Dakota Fanning as his niece and John Goodman as the big dopey pilot duck. :up:

Hahahaha!!! I love it
John Goodman as Launchpad, I would replace him with Will Ferril

I’ve started watching it again on Disney+ and I would love to know who they could cast for this. I have no idea about the lead but maybe Ryan reynolds for launchpad

Darkwing Duck has been discovered by my son and played on a loop since we got Disney Plus. Bring it on...!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"