DC Entropy - A Fan's Elseworld

wolf.b

Civilian
Reaction score
DC Entropy is my personal Elseworld take on the mythos and characters from DC and the various imprints and extinct publications associated with it. With a mature style reminiscent of Vertigo, I'm reimagining the stories into my own singular tapestry that I've been designing for a few years now. I'll keep this initial post updated with links to the new content in chronological order (within Entropy's timeline).

I hope you folks dig all the little Easter eggs and the content in general, feel free to ask any questions that come to mind, I'm happy to discuss the directions I've chosen to go in.

DC Entropy Facebook Page

Last edited:
My apologies I didn't notice there was a fan-fiction section. I'd be grateful for a mod to move this thread there, sorry for the intrusion.

Those look very good :up: So are you intending to write prose fiction along with these, or is your story going to be told entirely through newspaper articles and the like?

I'm trying too but I'm not sure I'll show those. There are a lot of stories I can't tell through news articles obviously. Right now I'm working on a Shazam origin.

Billy and his parents, Egyptian archeologists get trapped in a lost pyramid where they encounter the blue scarab relic (blue beetle reference). They discover a doorway to a magical prison which billy's father opens. Teth-Adam's soul is released and it possesses Billy's father. Teth-Adam then murders billy and his mother. Billy and his mother must then journey the path of the dead based on Egyptian mythos where her soul is stolen by the darkness. Billy reaches the end of the path to be judged but he finds Shazam waiting for him.

Okay (so that's where the Batsons disappeared to :yay:). Sounds like you have some nice ideas there.

As an aside, have you read Len Wein's DC Universe: Legacies? Basically the history of the DCU told through the eyes of an old man, recalling various things he's seen over the years involving heroes (very much evokes a similar feeling as the 'Minutemen' flashbacks in Alan Moore's Watchmen). Newspaper articles/headlines relating to key events in the DCU feature prominently - you might be interested if you haven't read it already.

Last edited:
I hadn't heard of it, I'll look for it. Thank you for the reference, though many of the ideas have been in my head for a few years. This all began with me wanting to rewrite the Outsiders into a group called Stigma, old testament justice style.

I hadn't heard of it, I'll look for it. Thank you for the reference, though many of the ideas have been in my head for a few years.

Yes, Wein's isn't a reinvention as such (as yours seems to be). The events in Legacies are pretty much as they've always happened, the difference being that it's now all seen from one man's perspective. Just thought it might be of interest to you :up: Good luck!

Last edited:
Thanks, I've found the book and ordered it, I'm really looking forward to reading it.

Amazon reviews and professional reviews I googled were through the roof so I had no choice, I was compelled to invest!

A sound investment IMO!

I don't know if you've ever read Wolfman and Perez's History of the DC Universe, which they published after they'd finished Crisis On Infinite Earths back in '86? That was also written from the perspective of one character (Harbinger) acting as a narrator/focal point for a pretty complex series of events. DCUL and HotDCU are actually nice companion pieces to each other.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"