The Amazing Spider-Man Deleted scenes!

LegendAssemble

Civilian
Reaction score
[YT]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OqkF5KqFq5w&feature=plcp[/YT]

Well for everyone who said that the deleted scenes gave too much away or they were saving it for a sequel. Looks like I was right, it was a pointless decision to cut these out. Pretty much the emotional climax of the film.

Fixed.

Edit: This was already posted in another thread; two actually. And what's with the "I was right" crap? Bait much?

i see that now. but just making a point that i was right that they didn't cut the scene because it "gave too much away". Just doesn't work like that in hollywood.

Bravo. Have a medal.

Now then to watch the scene...

Oh seen them. They're good and didn't need cutting, I agree.

Last edited:
if they hadn´t cut both Lizard eating the girls at school and Lizard eating Ratha he would ´ve seem more menacing

Is there a deleted scene of those girls being killed/eaten by The Lizard or did you just make that up?

©KAW;24489827 said:
Is there a deleted scene of those girls being killed/eaten by The Lizard or did you just make that up?
Comiccon 2011 first footage from lizard they even showed the animation of that in one of Imageworks vidocs

©KAW;24489827 said:

There is, it was shown at SDCC last year. Hopefully it's on the DVD.

There is, it was shown at SDCC last year. Hopefully it's on the DVD.

same, wanted to see it since 2011, did anyone saw it here?
i get why they cut that

a Giant lizard that comes out of a tiolet and scares the s**t out of two girls and then kills(eats?) them ...
tumblr_m67mh9XunL1r2fq2r.gif

I kinda get why they'd cut that. I mean Ratha was definitely an antagonist and a morally bad character so it's more okay for him to get brutally murdered than some innocent school girls in the bathroom.

EDIT: He didn't eat them he gave one of them a creepy sexual lick. Again wisely cut, but still. Oh and on a side note I haven't kept up with the Spidey comics for some time, I feel like they really went to bad place the past decade but what the bad place the Lizard ATE Billy!?

Last edited:
I think for the lab scene, all they had to cut was the Ratha getting eaten bit. They could have just had the Lizard whack them both and then have the Lizard walk away.

Well, it's not shown that Ratha is eaten, we just assume that; so I think this scene was not deleted because of that.
And for the bathroom scene.. it never made much sense for lizard to eat two innocent girls since he is not a mindless monster that only has the need to feed.. he was pretty much intelligent.

so, he doesn´t kill the girls ..still Lizard opens his mouth big, and is directed to ratha what would he do?....why was this even cut?

A stupid decision of the producers.
It's an excellent scene that ties many things: Ratha's conclusion, Peter's quest, Connor's character development, even a more smart way of showing lizard's master plan.. and not the naive one we got in the final cut.
If sony will not consider releasing a director's cut, I hope some fan will do it.

It's an excellent scene that ties many things: Ratha's conclusion, Peter's quest, Connor's character development, even a more smart way of showing lizard's master plan.. and not the naive one we got in the final cut.
If sony will not consider releasing a director's cut, I hope some fan will do it.

so, this is sony´s Daredevil?

If there is a scene in which Connor's family is mentioned, together with the sewer one (all the power you feel) Connors character becomes way more developed and rich.. I get why sometimes "comedic" scenes are removed.. but why butcher a character development scene.
Incredible Hulk for example.. the film would be a masterpiece if all those scenes were in. Especially Ross ones.

We all want a daredevil style director's cut, but with the fact that they are releasing all the scenes as special features, we will never get it.

I knew the screenwriting couldn't have been that bad and that this scene had to be important. It ties the whole thing together it gives the Lizards plan more validity and gives it more credit in the story by making Peter think this mad mans plan is what he uncovered through his fathers legacy.

Not to mention the Lizard would have been taken more seriously as a threat had he just eaten someone. The scene with Gwen would have been terrifying, being eaten alive is one of the most frightening ways to die after all.

I just can't get over how bad a choice it was to cut this out.

if they hadn´t cut both Lizard eating the girls at school and Lizard eating Ratha he would ´ve seem more menacing

This, this, this.

Lizard didn't seem menacing once during the film. The only real threatening thing was a child almost dying....but that was mostly because of the vehicle itself and not Lizard, lol.

I must say though, it's a shame there are some quite interesting scenes that would've made TAS-M feel more coherent, and, imo, a much better film.

If there is a scene in which Connor's family is mentioned, together with the sewer one (all the power you feel) Connors character becomes way more developed and rich.. I get why sometimes "comedic" scenes are removed.. but why butcher a character development scene.
Incredible Hulk for example.. the film would be a masterpiece if all those scenes were in. Especially Ross ones.

We all want a daredevil style director's cut, but with the fact that they are releasing all the scenes as special features, we will never get it.

What is with some of Marvel's films and them caring more about action and not straight up emotion and character development?

I saw a lot of bad acting that did not flow as seamlessly as most of the rest of the film...in particular Khan.

I saw a lot of bad acting that did not flow as seamlessly as most of the rest of the film...in particular Khan.

...Talias death was horribly acted in the dark knight rises but they didn't cut that either and that didn't drag down the movie.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"