Desperate Housewives

tzarinna

Mamochka
Reaction score
You knew this was coming:confused:

I hated the title when it was first promoted. Desperate women because they are housewives:down, oh but it is so much more. Ah the scandel, of backstabbing(literally) your neighbor and just blind sighting with additonal twists to the tale of Wisteria Lane.

Desperate_titlethem.jpg

I love Desperate Housewives, the second series isn't up to scratch with the first but its still very entertaining.

It hasn'y captivated me as much as it use to. Grey's Anatomy has really pushed them aside a bit, but those ladies are so wacky.

I love Bree, you can only push her so far and then she pulls out a rifle.

I loved the first season... Unfortunately the mystery this time is pretty weak, I couldn´t care less about Caleb or Betty Applewhite...

Funny thing is Housewives has fairly little discussion in these boards... Guess it´s perceived as a "chick show", which is a total misconception, IMO, but what´re ya gonna do...

Yeah, I think they're pulling away from that.

Sorry for bumping this old thread, but I just rewatched the Pilot again after many years and I was still so entertained. I forgot how funny, well-written and good it used to be.

Oh my gosh it’s funny you bumped this, we’re rewatching too! We’re rewatching the fourth season and you’re right, it still holds up. I think bree is the worst character but the most fun. Or maybe Eadie

Lynette and those damn kids, Susan and Edie and their antics, Gabrielle mowing the lawn in her expensive gown, this show was everything lol.

I was like "OMG, they are rebooting DH arent they?"

Loved DH but killing Edie was their biggest mistake.

Yeah I think there might have been backstage politics going on there. She’s so fabulous on Dynasty, it’s a shame they knocked her off.

I remember when all people could talk about was the Gardner haha

I liked maybe the first 2,5 seasons but then its just repeated themself and become more crazy and lazy at the same time. The last season was great again, if I remember right.

I started watching for the first time. Still on season 1. Enjoying so far.

I hope I'm in for a good ride.

Didn't read the comments, affraid of spoilers.

Yes definitely a good idea to avoid spoilers. Enjoy! It’s super fun

You can watch the show for free on IMDb TV or on Hulu.

I will always remember the Lifetime knock off:

devious-maids-2013.jpg

And it gave us this gem of a franchise on Bravo:

22510381-27ca-45bd-88f2-03c934175a19-d197e200-d369-4e06-8931-4a02f9e54457_RGB_SD.jpg

You can watch the show for free on IMDb TV or on Hulu.

I will always remember the Lifetime knock off:

devious-maids-2013.jpg

And it gave us this gem of a franchise on Bravo:

22510381-27ca-45bd-88f2-03c934175a19-d197e200-d369-4e06-8931-4a02f9e54457_RGB_SD.jpg
Speaking of which, any suggestion on similar stuff?

I mean I still have the whole show ahead of me but still... :p

Finished S01. I liked Rex =/

Out of the four, Gabrielle is the one I cared the least, I guess? Or it's a tie with Susan? But that whole thing of tricking her into get pregnant. Ugh... that's repugnant. I feel really bad.

Lynette is the one I feel really, really bad too. And Huffman is great. If I had kids like hers, I'd set them on fire (kidding).

Brie... I guess she was the most intriguing and interesing character. I caught myself feeling bad for her, then rooting against her at the same time.

I heard S02 was one of the worst. It was quite fast to finish. I must say I didn't care for the Applewhites and their story felt very disconnected. So... I guess the worst is over?

I heard S02 was one of the worst. It was quite fast to finish. I must say I didn't care for the Applewhites and their story felt very disconnected. So... I guess the worst is over?

I never viewed it as the worst, just the mystery was fairly weak and the use of the Applewhites were not given good material. That storyline is probably the worst and didn't age well.

I stopped watching for a while and went back. I'm on S04 and it's been very fun. Probably my fav so far.

The show did not age quite well like several other shows, but when I saw that the creator defines himself as a gay republican... it all makes soooo much sense. Everything.

Oh this is interesting

Maybe just a reunion, like Friends?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"