Despicable characters in movies..

Of course him too. You barely saw him though, So Mary comes up first in my mind.

True. Her screen time does play into your hatred of her. But if there's anything more sickening than molesting a child, it would HAVE to be [BLACKOUT]raping and impregnating your OWN child, not to mention giving her HIV in the process.[/BLACKOUT]

Tony Montana- ScarFace, You don't kill your best friend for sleeping with your sister. Especially not without getting an explanation. You don't embarrass your wife in public like that, even if she is a coke head, but especially if you're one too. You can't treat a grown independent woman (his sister) like she's 12. Even though the end reason he died is because he was actually noble enough not to kill kids, he still deserved death for those valid other reasons.

What really irks me about Montana is how many people-especially young folks in the black community-deify him.

What really irks me about Montana is how many people-especially young folks in the black community-deify him.
Which is kind of funny, because I remember hearing that Tony Montana was suppose to be a mockery of the whole drug scene at that time and not to be taken seriously.

Unfortunately most black folks only saw it as some "rags to riches" guide.

I have to say Percy from The Green Mile. Man, he literally just made you want to reach through the screen and beat the piss out of him.

F.W. Murnau (Shadow of the Vampire)
-Hired a real vampire to create the most realistic vampire film ever and let "Max Schrek" devour the cast.
the terrorists in United 93
the Jew Hunter (Inglorious Basterds)
-Really a fascinating character. Nazis always make such great villains.
Sgt Barnes (Platoon)
Sir William Gull (From Hell)
Micah (Paranormal Activity)
-No, you moron, you do not have everything under control. :doh:

Oh and pretty much everyone in The Devil's Rejects and in Downfall (Der Untergang).

Micah (Paranormal Activity)
-No, you moron, you do not have everything under control. :doh:

Another example of the "there must be at least one complete d****e" rule of horror movies. I love how his bright idea at the end is to burn the cross his wife's holding onto and not get the f**k to a motel after her sudden enigmatic change of heart.

Another example of the "there must be at least one complete d****e" rule of horror movies. I love how his bright idea at the end is to burn the cross his wife's holding onto and not get the f**k to a motel after her sudden enigmatic change of heart.

Exactly. Everyone in the audience knew that crap was about to go down when
she said everything would be fine
but it went right over his head.

Actually, neither of them did the logical thing: get a priest, pastor, rabbi or freakin witch doctor to take care of the demon. You are dealing with something supernatural and evil. Thus, get someone that is good and knows how to handle the supernatural.

Walter Peck in Ghostbusters - A comedic character, yes, but Peck was such an arrogant prick that he transcended his comedic worth and become just a genuinely unlikeable entity, regardless genre

Michael Corleone - surprised I haven't seen him mentioned yet (apologies if I missed him), and I'll admit it's somewhat debatable, but Michael in The Godfather II was a heartless bastard.

Harry Angel in Angel Heart - I can't think of another movie where the main lead, who up until near the end is supposedly the hero, has been a more sleazy and all around unlikeable character. Rourke did a fantastic job at making his character compelling while at the same time being a total scumbag.

Which is kind of funny, because I remember hearing that Tony Montana was suppose to be a mockery of the whole drug scene at that time and not to be taken seriously.

Unfortunately most black folks only saw it as some "rags to riches" guide.

Not just black people. My brother has a Scarface poster in his room, as did a guy I went to college with. People like to think that they are "badass" even if it just makes them slimy.

Not just black people. My brother has a Scarface poster in his room, as did a guy I went to college with. People like to think that they are "badass" even if it just makes them slimy.
maybe they just liked the movie

Pacino's Montana became popular simply because of Al's charismatic and (yes) blackly funny performance. Not to mention THAT accent. Play a despicable character onscreen with any hint of charisma or humour and it's inevitable that ppl will 'miss the point' somewhat.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"