• We experienced a brief downtime due to a Xenforo server configuration update. This was an attempt to limit bot traffic. They have rolled back and the site is now operating normally. Apologies for the inconvinience.

Did you like going to school?

Immortalfire

Nu.
Staff member
Reaction score
I didn’t. I hated school. :cmad:

I hated every emotion-draining, nerve-fraying, brain-sucking moment of it. :cmad:

I actually faked sick so I didn’t have to go to my graduation. :ninja:

Looking back, I can’t narrow down of any specific factor that made me loathe it so much, but suffice to say those years were very tough for me. I barely got through it with my sanity and emotions intact.

Some days I miss it but most I don't. And the ones I do miss weren't so much school itself but what happened while at school.

Nope, being the only deaf student wasn't easy for me there

I never liked the group think, herd mentality so that pretty much made me a loner.

I did like the eye candy though. :fingerguns:

Can't say I loved it, but I quite enjoyed it!

I'm still friends with "the girls" and I do keep tabs on some other classmates.

I enjoyed it for the most part. Would I want to revisit it again? Hell no. Not even college.

Sometimes I still wake up in a cold sweat scared that I'm late for an exam lol.

I like learning stuff, would have been a lot better without the bullies, though.

I loved high school. My high school (in the early ‘90s) had a lot of science-y kids who were into pre-internet computers and then we had artsy kids. So there was a lot of diversity of thought and personalities. We were pretty accepting. I didn’t really fall into either camp, though I skewed more artsy but without any talent. But we didn’t have a lot of bullies.

I loved the lack of inhibitions. You felt like you were bulletproof. I loved flirting and being flirted with at that time. I loved hanging with my buddies and I loved working jobs that didn’t require any thought or stress.

But that said, would I go back there now? Absolutely not. I’m content with my job that carries lots of stress but has impact on other people’s lives and with my incredible wife and two teenage sons.

First day of school was always scary lol

I liked elementary school, hated middle school, enjoyed high school again by the end, and loved college

I'd go back to my college days in a second. I was in a band then, loving life, versus now where I hate my stupid job... and anything to go back to the innocent pre-trump, pre-covid days would be excellent

I very much remember not liking it at the time (other then the social accepts of it, as that was where I met, and would get to see friends on a regular basis)

I don't dislike learning, mind you.. but, it was more of the obligation of it all, having to be there, having to take classes in subjects I didn't like, having to be there early mornings... even in college when I had more freedom to pick my own schedule/ my own classes, there were still prerequisites, an other classes that were required that weren't necessarily related to my subject of study or interest

School was okay for me, until I got to junior high. I was getting straight A's and B's before that, but afterward my grades dropped like a rock. I had to repeat both 6th and 7th grades, though to my surprise I passed 8th in one shot.

Anyway, by the time I was a freshman, I was 17 years old...and I was completely miserable. My math teachers were trying to teach me pre-algebra, but 99% of it went totally over my head. I was suffering so much overall, that my school put me in Special Education classes...but by contrast, they were far too simple. So in essence, I was stuck in a crack. I would finish my work early, but the teachers couldn't give me the next day's assignments, because it wouldn't be fair to the other students. So I'd play games, read books, so basically whatever I wanted to pass the time.

My Mom eventually pulled me out of school before I finished that year, intending to homeschool both me and my sister...but she couldn't afford it. So we both had a few years off, until we could take the GED test.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"