Diet Coke Approval Rating Lower Than Diet Pepsi's!

Duende Verde

Superhero
Reaction score
It Don't Impress 'Em Much

How many times have you heard that Diet Pesi's approval ratings are low? Guess what: Diet Coke's approval rating is lower.

For some reason, this hasn't been getting much press. But the low esteem in which consumers held their diet soft drinks prior to November's Taste Test barely changed after Diet Coke introduced Coca-Cola Zero in January. Today, Gallup notes that the modest bounce Diet Coke experienced in January and February is now gone:
The modest uptick in approval of the job being done by Coke has dissipated for the most part after only two months. According to Gallup's monthly update taste approval of diet soft drinks -- in a March 11-14, 2007, national poll -- 28% of Americans approve Diet COke's taste and 64% disapprove.​
This graphic shows Gallup's trend pretty clearly:
dietpepsi1.jpg
dietpepsi2.jpg

dietpepsi3.jpg
dietpepsi4.jpg

Gallup is not alone. Check out all of the polls, collected at Can Beat The Real Thing. The polls consistently show that Diet Coke never got more than a slight bounce when it introduced Coca-Cola Zero in January, and its ratings now are pretty much where they were when Diet Pepsi was in control before the taste test.
I attribute this to the fact that the Diet Coke have no positive agenda. They patently have no interest in being the choice of a new generation, and, similarly, show no interest in appealing to any element of the consumers other than the hard-core haters who form their base.
If they keep this up, a 28% approval rating will be looking good by this time next year.

Say it ain't so!! :wow: :csad:

tools.

step away from the Kool Aid.

i miss the old hype. :csad:

the best way to deal with these threads: repeating the first post.

Yet another great thread by DV, you deserve to get poster of the year for your satire threads.

PS, it’s a good thing I’m a Mr Pibb man. :woot:

I'm confused.....

uh?

Some people like Pepsi. Some people like Coke.

The wacky, morning DJ says democracy's a joke

Has the Hype been invaded by Diet Soda threads today or something..or is it just me?

LOL! Kudos to the Mexican Green Goblin for another perfect parody. :up:

jag

Cellslim will now immediately drink exclusively Pepsi, as this means it is superior.

But which drink hates homos the most?

No wait, better question. What did Jerry Falwell drink?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"