Diners, Drive-Ins, and Dives SHH Edition

Discussion in 'SHH Community Forum' started by DJ_KiDDvIcIOUs, Aug 25, 2012.

1. DJ_KiDDvIcIOUs Registered

If your not familiar with the show on food network the host Guy travels all over the US to find local restaurants and showcase them.

So what are some of the favorite places to get your grub on in your area and favorite dishes that you get? Feel free to post pics that go along with it.

One of my favorite places to eat is called Seminole Subs & Gyros. They have great fresh bacon cheese burgers and gyros to die for. Also worth mentioning is the chicken philly, it's a philly cheese steak with chicken instead of steak and cheese, shrooms, and onions. My absolute top pick though goes to the Italian sub. It's truly on point with 4 different meats, fresh veggies, and a killer dressing. They have several locations in the Clearwater/St. Pete area of Florida and I am lucky enough to live right next to one @ Seminole & Walsingham.

So what are some local favorites in your neck of the woods and where are they located?

2. deepu Registered

KFC is my fav <3

3. Hotwire Dealin' W/ Demons

Funny you bring this up. There is a little pizza shop near me that I was considering submitting to the show.

It's a little place called Pizza Boy in Rising Sun, MD. And it's home to authentic New York style pizza in a little farming town. The owner immigrated to New York from Italy but, when he got tired of the city, he relocated and set up shop in rural Maryland. Awesome food and great service!

4. Pink Ranger The North Remembers

You should submit it. They seem to like restaurants with strong background stories, and this one's got it.

5. StrainedEyes All the way up it!

Chuck's Cafe in Hamilton Sq. NJ has the best buffalo wings ever.

6. Colossal Spoons Paper boi

Hmm, might have to check that out

7. warhorse78 Registered

In West Palm Beach, it would have to be John G's, he only serves breakfast and lunch, but DAYUM, the breakfast is awesome. His best and most favorited dish would be his Belgian French Toast with almonds. And, you better get there early, because the lines will practically wrap around the building, he is that popular and loved!

Seriously, if you come down to the W.P.B. area, please try it out, it's decently priced, similar to Denny's, but the food is not Denny's. Much better.

8. Hotwire Dealin' W/ Demons

Just take 273 into Rising Sun and it's in the shopping center behind McDonald's.

9. DJ_KiDDvIcIOUs Registered

Another great place to eat in the Clearwater area is Keegan's grill in Indian Rocks Beach. They have a plethora of great seafood bit the hands down best is the octopus! If you go there than that's what you should get, it's to die for. They were featured on triple D a while back too

10. DJ_KiDDvIcIOUs Registered

I know you know some other good places to eat

11. guitarsingerguy Who am I?

Baton Rouge has a restaurant/bar named the Chimes that is pretty damn phenomenal. The food is excellent, and there's 130 beers on tap alone not to mention the other bottles. There's also a 24 hour joint right by LSU's campus called Louie's cafe that is really good.