DMZ - Comic Adaptation in the Works at Syfy

Sawyer

Definitely Not 40
Reaction score
http://www.deadline.com/2014/02/dmz-syfy-series-dc-comics-david-hayman-jacquemettons/
Series Adaptation Of DC Comic ‘DMZ’ From ‘Mad Men’s Andre & Maria Jacquemetton, ‘Gravity’s David Heyman Set Up At Syfy
By NELLIE ANDREEVA

EXCLUSIVE: In their major sale under their overall deal at Warner Bros TV, former Mad Men executive producers Andre and Maria Jacquemetton have teamed with Gravity producer David Heyman for a drama series based on the DC comic book DMZ, which has landed at Syfy. Written by the Jacquemettons, DMZ is set in the near future and centers on a young man trapped in Manhattan, which has been turned into a demilitarized zone (DMZ) after a second American civil war. The comic book series, created by Brian Wood and Riccardo Burchielli, was launched by DC Entertainment’s Vertigo imprint in 2005 and ran until 2012 for a total of 72 issues. The TV adaptation, now in development at Syfy, hails from WBTV’s cable division, Warner Horizon, as well as the Jacquemettons’ Slim Chance Prods. banner and Heyman’s Heyday Films. The Jacquemettons and Heyman executive produce alongside Heyday Films’ Jeffrey Clifford.

The husband-and-wife Jacquemettons were among the key writer-producers on Mad Men for its first six seasons, until they left last May. The two were among Mad Men creator Weiner’s first hires, joining the AMC series right after the pilot. They rose through the ranks to executive producers, shared in three of the series’ four best series Emmys and earned three writing Emmy nominations. The Jacquemettons are repped by CAA, Dan Halsted and Wayne Alexander. In addition to Gravity, for which he has an Oscar nomination, Heyman produced the blockbuster Harry Potter movie franchise.
This is one of those comics I always noticed and thought about reading, but never really found the time or there was always something more important to get first. This might change that.

I thought about it too. Once AMC ordered The Walking Dead I was able read the entire series that was out in 2009.

With this in development from two great Mad Men writes I'm going to check it out. My only concern with the series is that SyFy won't give the show the budget it would need.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
iamjonahlobe
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"