Does realism=dark?

Discussion in 'Batman World' started by sgeorges4, Jul 15, 2020.

1. sgeorges4 Registered

I'll re-ask my question her. For me ,no it doesn't it have to be dark and gritty and regarding the suit, what I don't get is why is harley OG suit not adaptable? why not use CGI to make look good or make it like cosplay (for me if it work for cosplay ,then yo ucan make it work in movie) ,also I don't think that the movie has to be pale or dark looking to be dark and I feel like harley can still get this kind of suit in a gotham carnival shop today . I don't mind the suit change though (and honestly harlley has been sexualised since TAS with harley holiday so I don't mind these kind of suit either).

Milk Tray Guy likes this.
  2. shauner111 Registered

Who is her?

No realism doesn’t mean dark. That’s quite obvious. But also, no...if it works as a cosplay that doesn’t mean it’s going to work on film. Most of the time quite the opposite.

3. Milk Tray Guy 70s Man of Action

'Dark' and 'gritty' do not equal realism in themselves. They just describe the tone. That said, Harley's early story is a pretty dark one, despite the humorous aspects of her life that are often (and very entertainingly) focused on. As for Harley's suit, sure, I'd love to see the classic harlequin suit in live action.

4. sgeorges4 Registered

then use CGI to make harley suit look good ,considering what they did with auquaman or zod, I'm sure they can do a good harley OG suit (Also, I don't think the movie themselve should look too dark in therm of color)

5. MessiahDecoy123 Psychological Anarchist

Usually kid stuff is more brightly colored, more imaginative, and more humorous and adult oriented stuff is seen as an opportunity to explore more grounded or darker themes.

6. Milk Tray Guy 70s Man of Action

Also, 'dark' and 'gritty' don't necessarily go hand in hand. Tim Burton's Batman films are pretty dark, but I wouldn't call either of them gritty. By contrast, the Jason Statham thriller Killer Elite is certainly gritty, but it's not what I'd call dark.

shauner111 likes this.