Does the US Government have the right to exile anybody into space(even the Hulk)

Fantasyartist

Civilian
Reaction score
I'm playing "Devil's Advocate" here-but a case can be made that what the Illuminati( presumably acting on behalf of the US Government) did in exiling the Hulk was grossly unconstitutional.
Does the US Government (or any other polity) have the right to exile any of its citizens? Didn't it occur to the Illuminati that simply dumping the Hulk on another sentient species was morally wrong(the equivalent of toxic waste dumping)?
What if the other sentient species filed suit in Federal( or maybe even the International Criminal Court) court?

You'd think a nation of lawyers would think about these things?

Terry

The Illuminati fe'd up where they sent him. He was supposed to go to a planet that could support the hulks life but wasnt filled with sentient creature. Unfourtantly the ship misdirected and ended up on a war torn planet. Also the moment banner entered space, the constitution doesnt exist. The constitution only applies on Us soil and territories(as well as sky area to a certain point). Also the Us. Government does have the right to exile. Its one of those implied powers.

Dear Storyteller

Where precisely in the US constitution does it say that the Government can exile a US citizen(even implicitly)?

Terry

doesent matter all that matters is that sending the hulk away was wrong, you face your problems and try to fix them not send them a million miles away and forget about them.In the hulks case they forgot about the good he had done, not only that but bruce didnt even have a say if he wanted to go or not. thats just wrong.

Wah. If I lived in a world with the Hulk flipping out and destroying stuff, I wouldnt care if someone threw him into space. Do they have the constutional right to do so? Maybe not, but no one follows that old thing anymore.

yea what about bruce, so what if the hulks in him the ends in my opinion do not justify condeming bruce to sollitude.

In a short answer, yes.
Case in point: the recent story of the attorney with TB who traveled all over the world. As he is considered a "threat" to public health, he can be legally quarrantined. Now, take that to the extreme that is the Hulk. Nothing on this planet could keep him contained, and as he is a "threat" to the people of this planet, the gov't could quarrantine him into outter space.

quarrantine him? that would implie him coming home at some point which...probley was not going to happen. monster or not he was an avenger for god sake that should have warrented the man a better fate than to be forgotten and exiled to some rock a million miles from home. but I do see your point.

quarrantine him? that would implie him coming home at some point which...probley was not going to happen. monster or not he was an avenger for god sake that should have warrented the man a better fate than to be forgotten and exiled to some rock a million miles from home. but I do see your point.

How many times (at least in current continuity) have they tried to either cure him or contain him, to no avail. Hulk has proved he can't play in the sandbox with others. It was the last best option, to use a phrase.
Quarrantine does not imply release at all. Those with infectious, deadly, terminal diseases can be quarratined until death.

true but to give up on him just...I dont know seems wrong to me like saying the ends justify the means, how many heros do you think would say okay we failed at cureing him so f@#$ it lets just lanch him into space no big problem there, the good of man kind pleas there are far worse things than the hulk that should be lanched into space.I guess that brings us back to the originale point does the u.s. have the right to banish someone I guess the answer is yes but was it right, in my opinion no it was not.

Depends. Bendis went and decided that the Hulk has killed dozens of people in his rampages.

Regardless if I think that was a good editorial decision or not, but in that case I would say "Yeah" they made the right choice.

I guess in the end what they did can and has been justified. but to live with that decision is the real hard part how many of the illiminatie were friends of bruce banner it truly is there burden to bare.

Marvel is exploring the darker side of politics right now, through the "Civil War" storyline, and Cap's assasination. The Hulk's exile could be construed to be an analogy of the Gitmo situation,
Obviously, it was required to get Hulk off the planet for the events of Civil War to unfold, and he will be the deciding factor in the events after his return.

First, wasn't it the Illuminati that exiled the Hulk, not the Us government?? Just thought i'd ask since i don't know. and right now, it wouldn't matter if it was constitutiol or not th US would banish people to space if they could. What would any one do about, complain to the Un? please. the US can get away with murder (pun intended) right now.

First, wasn't it the Illuminati that exiled the Hulk, not the Us government?? Just thought i'd ask since i don't know. and right now, it wouldn't matter if it was constitutiol or not th US would banish people to space if they could. What would any one do about, complain to the Un? please. the US can get away with murder (pun intended) right now.

Typical of someone willing to fall on their sword just to bash to United States gov't.
When will you learn that the U.S. is the world's peacekeeper, not the U.N.? America is not the bad guy in the world right now, nor have we ever been. Stop bashing, and offer some helpful suggestions if you really think you know world politics.

I assume it was the Illuminati alone who decided to exile Hulk. If the U.S. government was involved then the secret of his exile would have come out much sooner. Why didn't low level SHIELD agents know about it when She-Hulk helped them hunt down his old enemies? Why keep his exile a secret from other superheroes? Probably because it is unconstitutional. The Hulk has already gone to trial in the past. The Illuminati didn't even grant him that right.

The U.S. government would have exiled him regardless of the rights given to a U.S. citizen. But the end result would have been the same. Hulk returns and he smashes everything.

But it's the Illuminati conspirators who did it, and so they should pay for it. They made the plans, they built the ship, they shot him out there. So whatever happens, it can be blamed on them. What's more sad is how they want crazy blond Sentry to bail them out. They're hiding behind his cape.

Typical of someone willing to fall on their sword just to bash to United States gov't.
When will you learn that the U.S. is the world's peacekeeper, not the U.N.? America is not the bad guy in the world right now, nor have we ever been. Stop bashing, and offer some helpful suggestions if you really think you know world politics.
wow you sound a little crazy Republican right.

wow you sound a little crazy Republican right.

*sigh*
No, far from it. I am a Constitutionalist. It's a legitimate political party, but we are few and far between. Think of us as Libertarians (NOT LIBERALS) who take things even one step further.
Basically, we believe that if the power is not specifically spelled out as delegated to the Federal Gov't by the constitution, then the gov't does not have the right to use that power, and that the majority of power should rest with the individual states. The Federal gov't should function as a republic, as it was originally intended.
We also believe that the highest court of criminal law is the individual state supreme courts.
I don't like the fact that the U.S. is the world's peacekeeper, but I am smart enough to realize that is the reality. The U.N. is a worthless, corrupt, inept organization, and has no place in the modern world.
I pity you if you think realism and freedom sound "crazy"

I think sending the Hulk into space was a dumb idea for no other reason than you'd think after all this time they'd learn to just leave the big lug alone. The more you attack him, the more he smashes.

*sigh*
No, far from it. I am a Constitutionalist. It's a legitimate political party, but we are few and far between. Think of us as Libertarians (NOT LIBERALS) who take things even one step further.
Basically, we believe that if the power is not specifically spelled out as delegated to the Federal Gov't by the constitution, then the gov't does not have the right to use that power, and that the majority of power should rest with the individual states. The Federal gov't should function as a republic, as it was originally intended.
We also believe that the highest court of criminal law is the individual state supreme courts.
I don't like the fact that the U.S. is the world's peacekeeper, but I am smart enough to realize that is the reality. The U.N. is a worthless, corrupt, inept organization, and has no place in the modern world.
I pity you if you think realism and freedom sound "crazy"

my bad. your a crazy constituitionalist.

I think sending the Hulk into space was a dumb idea for no other reason than you'd think after all this time they'd learn to just leave the big lug alone. The more you attack him, the more he smashes.

Nobody leaves the Hulk alone. His gamma-made enemies won't. The government won't. He's a big target.

"My son is...unique, and because my son is unique, the world will not tolerate his existence".

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"