Donald Glover bringing DEADPOOL adult animated series to FXX!

I would love to hear more information on why. This certainly feels a bit disappointing. The creative team was my only real interest here (otherwise, we have the movie and comics so I wouldn't be beaten up by not having a cartoon).

Why even get Glover to do a Deadpool cartoon? Why not have the Archer guys do it? FXX probably wanted something more like the live-action movies and Glover had his own plans.

And before anyone says, NO I doubt the Fox/Disney deal has anything to do it. We barely heard anything on this project since the announcement before the sale.

Last edited:
I would love to hear more information on why. This certainly feels a bit disappointing. The creative team was my only real interest here (otherwise, we have the movie and comics so I wouldn't be beaten up by not having a cartoon).

I'm the opposite, the more DP the better. I was hoping this series would take the character to the more extreme places they go in the comics. I was also hoping Nolan could voice him 'cause he captures DP better then anyone, bar none.

Last edited:
I wonder if Marvel is going to shelve the project or just shop elsewhere to another network?

I wonder if Marvel is going to shelve the project or just shop elsewhere to another network?

They will probably wait to see if the deal is approved, then they wouldn't really need to shop it, they'd own FXX and Hulu.

I hope this still happens. Deadpool is made for this type of series. Just go completely crazy with it.

The thought of having both a Deadpool and a Harley Quinn adult animated series excited me. The choice of Glover as the showrunner took me back at first but I remembered this guy started out writing for 30 Rock and does pretty good blending absurdity with reality and drama with comedy on his own show, so I was curious to see where they would take this. Especially after they said they were taking a lot of inspiration from the comics. I'm pretty disappointed but who knows if Marvel would completely discard the idea of the series because FX pulled out. Deadpool is perfect for this and I hope they revisit it down the road.

I doubt this would be really good like animation wise, so eh. Not a loss.

Until anyone saw the animation, no one knows how it would've looked. But I suppose we can't all be clairvoyant.

Anyway, Glover's put some of the scripts up on Twitter, as well as indicating that he wasn't too busy for Deadpool. Check out his Twitter.

Example (that didn't have language in it, anyway):

DZXeL3wVAAAicif.jpg:large

The fake script was amusing.

It was moved to a different studio apparently to animate, so Titmouse wouldn't have done it anyways.

The Taylor Swift news is... odd, but not surprising.

The test footage was cool.

Landgraf made it clear the decision was entirely Marvel’s. “Marvel controls the IP and the decisions around the IP. it was their decision not to go forward with Donald and Stephen’s version, I personally liked it.,” he told Deadline.

-Deadline

Dumb decision.
Not surprising, though, as we already had to sacrifice 'Spectacular Spider-Man' for whatever crap they're churning out now (frankly, I don't know... after one episode of 'Ultimate Spider-Man' I called it a day with their animated series).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"