Don't Be A Dummy, Come Describe A Hype Member With A Gif! - - - - - - - - - - - Part 21

Seeing that Dark Phoenix, a movie which has been subjected to constant reshoots and was pushed back twice, is getting trashed by the critics:

33f8be6b218d2d72c4d649bf8d88758a61dc2b16_hq.gif

Its pathetic that they got a second chance to adapt the Dark Phoenix story and they somehow managed to do it worse than Brett ****ing Ratner. And worse still, Marvel Studios wont try to adapt Dark Phoenix again anytime soon, because Fox has so tainted the storyline.

giphy.gif
I'm still in shock as to how many people still praise it when it's stupid and nonsensical on so many levels, starting with Chuck/Lilandra's love at first sight before first contact, the cartoon (with often dreadful voice acting) even made it worse.

And then there was the stuff made up by the same writer as his run was going on; that's in her, that's part of her > she can eat stars now > she's a telekenitic with access to cerebro, a device that needs mental scanning powers that she has like Chuck does although he can't move matter by his mind > she died >> She lives again > that's an alien that invaded her > She dies in an alien planetary system > She has a demon double clone who loved Scott and became Cable's mom > that was $#^&$^#&^$&# > SHE'S ALIVE (you need to read Fantastic Four to see that, we won't show you that in the X-Men title) >>>>>>>

John Byrne, the co-author of the main segment of that story made and released a version about the X-Men in their teen years that disregards some of the stuff his colleague wrote after his tenure as artist and co-plotter on that book ended.

Brett Ratner and Simon Kinberg improved that hot garbage in the Last Stand, it's far less nonsensical and is easy to follow, without unnecessary alien connection that makes me both tangle my fingers and shake my head the more I read or think about it.

End of long rant.

I'm still in shock as to how many people still praise it when it's stupid and nonsensical on so many levels, starting with Chuck/Lilandra's love at first sight before first contact, the cartoon (with often dreadful voice acting) even made it worse.

And then there was the stuff made up by the same writer as his run was going on; that's in her, that's part of her > she can eat stars now > she's a telekenitic with access to cerebro, a device that needs mental scanning powers that she has like Chuck does although he can't move matter by his mind > she died >> She lives again > that's an alien that invaded her > She dies in an alien planetary system > She has a demon double clone who loved Scott and became Cable's mom > that was $#^&$^#&^$&# > SHE'S ALIVE (you need to read Fantastic Four to see that, we won't show you that in the X-Men title) >>>>>>>

John Byrne, the co-author of the main segment of that story made and released a version about the X-Men in their teen years that disregards some of the stuff his colleague wrote after his tenure as artist and co-plotter on that book ended.

Brett Ratner and Simon Kinberg improved that hot garbage in the Last Stand, it's far less nonsensical and is easy to follow, without unnecessary alien connection that makes me both tangle my fingers and shake my head the more I read or think about it.

End of long rant.
Well let's remember that Claremont wasn't keen on the death in the first place. It was Shooter that thought after she destroyed that star and annihilated a planet of sentient aliens that she needed to pay with that action with her life.

The history would have been very different had it turned out as originally conceived.

Well let's remember that Claremont wasn't keen on the death in the first place. It was Shooter that thought after she destroyed that star and annihilated a planet of sentient aliens that she needed to pay with that action with her life.

The history would have been very different had it turned out as originally conceived.
A worse outcome than being the crap that the previous generation ended up having?

Stranger than Fiction has a moment that kinda describes perception to that change if the original form happened, but I can't find a gif for it.

I've never read the Dark Phoenix comic and dont plan to. I just love the idea of this God like split personality taking over Jean Grey and her wrecking ****. I've been wanting to see it done well since the final shot of X2. I really dont care about all the rest of that stuff from the Dark Phoenix comic.

I'd love for Jean/Phoenix to be one of the the big bads in the MCU. As a villain theyd be able to start developing her during her school days as a protagonist with the next Xmen movies and show decades of her life over many films until the Phoenix is let loose and threatens the galaxy or universe.

My thoughts towards a certain poster and their nonsense fan fiction, unhinged obsessions and borderline psychotic view of the world.

giphy.gif

When OJ has some getting even to do

tumblr_oegue1wkas1tq4of6o1_400.gif

Last edited:
They say that if you don't support the Anti Cameron movement over there...

They cut your pecker off.

Me seeing everyone so desperate to see Endgame beat Avatar at the boxoffice.

O2uTWtR.gif

Even if Endgame manages to take the number one worldwide box office spot from Avatar, you can bet your ass Avatar 1 will be rereleased during the release of Avatar 2 so it will probably take the number 1 spot back in 2021.

And Endgame still hasnt beat The Force Awakens domestically, and probably wont be able to before it leaves theaters.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"