Doomed Planet: The Krypton Thread

I have an idea: if they even show Krypton and Kryptonians, make sure they are not all chiseled Northern European looking. We’ve seen some silly takes back when Ta-Nahase Coates was on board about how a black Superman won’t “look Kryptonaian”.

Im not a huge fan of Guardians, but some of the art direction / production design in the third film makes me think Gunn might really go nuts with the style. I expect Krypton to be very bizarre and striking indeed.

And I know Gunn said this wouldn’t be a comedy, but I think Krypton lends itself so much to comedy, at least in the context of New Krypton. Like, for one, everyone wearing underwear on the outside.

The blue sky beam returns!

I don't mind this look, I would like something akin to Pandora but with a future city in the mix.

The idea I have had for ages is that Kryptons have a symbiotic relationship with their planet and they are able to create housing, vehicles of whatever kind, weapons, and anything else with this relationship. Similar to how a crystal was able to build The Fortress of Solitude, plant life is able to build the required things they need.
To quote myself. If anyone has seen the recent animation Scavengers Reign, the world they are on is really similar to what I had imagined for Krypton, something like that but with advanced species having lived with those types of organic life forms for centuries.

I really liked Snyder's Krypton but I am certainly ready for something different. I wouldn't mind similar to Wakanda in the MCU but on a planetary scale.

I imagine it's cities looking similar to coruscant.
With it's outlaying areas being breathtakingly beautiful.

360_F_568025948_iJg2iZpJ9eZeDiwE2JFlF8NVdKAMJigJ.jpg

878faad472ec6dd8c0e45be422545fe0.jpg

alien_beach_by_gogsiarcko_dfy6n0a-pre.jpg

It could be kinda cool if they slowly over films show us the demise of Krypton, first reveal it was an amazing planet of hope and life and then brainiac is introduced as something that is a positive thing for their planet (or whoever/whatever you want) and a young Jor-El in his 20s doing whatever it is he does at that age.

Then years later show us brainiac becoming more powerful and a bigger threat but people are still managing to get by, Jor-El is now older and married.

Then in another flashback show us Krypton looking bad and brainiac being a turd and then the somewhat usual story of Jor-El sending Kal off into space.

Then we get brainiac on his way to Earth and now we know his threat.

A more realistic (hard sci-fi) approach might make for an interesting portrayal of Krypton. For instance… a planet within a red dwarf star’s “Goldilocks zone” would be, necessarily, so close to its star that it would be tidally locked. I.e., one side would be in perpetual day (and hot!); and the other in perpetual night (and in deep freeze). So one could imagine vastly different cities and infrastructure and (even) geopolitics — depending on which hemisphere you’re talking about.

:nerdy:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"