EA is attempting to buy Take-Two

Think about it, if EA gets 2K Sports' developers and gets them to develop their sports games instead of Tiburon and Canada, it'll pretty much be the same damn thing as NBA 2K8 but with the EA Sports label on it and a different title.

So instead of their developers actually making good games, EA spends more money to purchase another company, get their developers, and then use them to make a game.

So instead of their developers actually making good games, EA spends more money to purchase another company, get their developers, and then use them to make a game.

Do you really think that EA Tiburon and EA Canada have the potential to end up being good :huh:

No, but there's no benefit to gamers if EA buys out Take Two. The customer has already shown that with some sports franchises, they prefer the ones made by Take Two over the ones made by EA. Instead of making a product that people would, you know...buy, EA decides to buy a company that makes some games that the consumers want, and then slap the EA logo on it.

That's not a benefit. That's being lazy

Think about it, if EA gets 2K Sports' developers and gets them to develop their sports games instead of Tiburon and Canada, it'll pretty much be the same damn thing as NBA 2K8 but with the EA Sports label on it and a different title.

Yeah, but how does that benefit me? The gamer? I already buy the 2K Sports games, I don't need EA to make better sports games, I already buy the better sports games.

Yeah, but how does that benefit me? The gamer? I already buy the 2K Sports games, I don't need EA to make better sports games, I already buy the better sports games.

Because it'll be EA and not 2K they'll charge you $10 more for it new. Wait...that's the exact oppostie of a benefit, nevermind.

EA has extended the offer again, as of right now they own 8% of Take-Two and Take-Two is officially in discussions with EA

Jesus Christ. Seriously, EA must realize that sometimes competition is good. Instead of just decimating the competition, make ****ing better games.

NBA 2K8 >>>> NBA Live 08

Man EA is like the New york yankees of video games.:cmad:

After GTA's enormous success, Take Two has no real reason to allow the buy out. So if it does happen, it's because the Take Two people think it'd be good business. Which is fine.

I'd rather Take Two willingly do it, then be forced to because they are running out of money.

No, but there's no benefit to gamers if EA buys out Take Two. The customer has already shown that with some sports franchises, they prefer the ones made by Take Two over the ones made by EA. Instead of making a product that people would, you know...buy, EA decides to buy a company that makes some games that the consumers want, and then slap the EA logo on it.

That's not a benefit. That's being lazy

From my experiences dealing with EA Sports, that pretty much sums up that entire development team.

Jesus Christ. Seriously, EA must realize that sometimes competition is good. Instead of just decimating the competition, make ****ing better games.

NBA 2K8 >>>> NBA Live 08

Absolutely.

I look at Madden as a prime example. I used to be a big fan of the Madden games, I actually preferred it over 2K's games(altho it was the ONLY EA Sports game that i preferred over 2K) , but as soon as EA acquired the exclusive NFL license that series, for me, just got progressively worse. I blame it on a pure lack of talent in terms of working on the next-gen consoles and the fact that they pretty much just sit on their hands every yr saying, 'Well if the consumers want an NFL game, they HAVE to buy ours'.

An update on this ongoing battle:

- EA has extended the offer again to August 18

- EA now owns 15% of Take-Two

- Take-Two still thinks that their company is worth more than EA thinks.

There's nothing of benefit to Take-Two accepting the offer, and the sales of GTA 4 have helped out Take-Two.

Likewise, EA taking over Take-Two isn't beneficial to gamers

An update on this ongoing battle:

- EA has extended the offer again to August 18

- EA now owns 15% of Take-Two

- Take-Two still thinks that their company is worth more than EA thinks.

Take-Two is right.

Well in case if you guys haven't heard, EA has dropped its bid to acquire Take-Two. Which sucks for Take-Two now because their shares are plunging back to levels before EA sought to acquire them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
picamon
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"