"Earning" an Avatar??

Forever Rud

Civilian
Reaction score

My User CP page won't allow me to add an avatar to my posts, and the rules don't seem to be explained anywhere that I have found:

Do I need to achieve a certain number of posts before I am entitled to have an avatar? :huh:

Yes, you need 300 posts to qualify for an avatar.

My User CP page won't allow me to add an avatar to my posts, and the rules don't seem to be explained anywhere that I have found:

Do I need to achieve a certain number of posts before I am entitled to have an avatar? :huh:

300 for 50x50 avatar
1,000 for 75x75
2,000 for 100x100

Thanks for the quick answers!

How would a new member know that? Where is it stated?

It's in the Tech and Support forum I believe. You'll also find it in some mods' and admins' signatures.

EDIT: Here's the thread.

Wow! What a complicated hierarchy!

Thanks very much for the info -- I had no idea there was a Tech and Support forum!!

I'm surprised the whole Avatar info hasn't been made part of the FAQ yet.

I'm surprised the whole Avatar info hasn't been made part of the FAQ yet.

Yeah -- that's why I had to resort to coming here and inquiring. I would think having an avatar would be important information that members would want to know about right away. It is only cryptically mentioned in the User CP.

Honestly I think the rules should be pinned to the top of this forum. What new member would think to look in the Technology section for the rules?

I thougth it was 3000 for the big avatar... I'm so close! After all these years!

I had no idea avatars were such serious business.

Should be in the FAQ and easy to find, but y'know, that would make too much sense.

Should be in the FAQ and easy to find, but y'know, that would make too much sense.

It is, doesn't say avatars but it's listed in the Profiles features

Then he clearly didn't look hard enough.

Hi! I'm DaddlerTheDalek! This is my First Post on Superhero Hype. :)

I have the same Problem like Forever Rud. I'm not a Big Fan of the "Earn your Avatar you Noob" System...

Everything in life can't just be handed to you....some things need to be earned to be appreciated.

Everything in life can't just be handed to you....some things need to be earned to be appreciated.

I can understand that. I just think that 300 Posts are "a little bit" too much.

Hmm... 300 Posts is just too much for my Taste, but SHH is really Big thats true.

And there you have it. If you do not think enough of our site to hang around long enough to make 300 posts, then why bother to even worry about an avatar? This is a community of posters. If someone doesn't feel like hanging around and talking to the people here....why hand them the keys to the city as they arrive?

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"