Batwoman Episode 02/07 - "It's Best You Stop Digging"

Dr.

From parts unknown
Reaction score
(After a one-week break…)

Scheduled airdate: March 14, 2021

Synopsis:

CROSSING THE LINE - As Ryan's (Javicia Leslie) condition worsens, she questions Batwoman's "no killing" code when she realizes the opportunity to avenge her mother is slipping away. Tatiana (guest star Leah Gibson) fills in the gaps for Alice (Rachel Skarsten) about her time on Coryana and her history with Ocean (guest star Nathan Owens). Also starring Dougray Scott, Meagan Tandy, Nicole Kang and Camrus Johnson. Episode directed by Avi Youabian and written by Jerry Shandy.

Promo:

You'd think that the Bat-vehicles would have some some sort of shutdown or failsafe option that can be triggered from the Batcave.

Also, gotta say, Ryan gets around pretty quickly for a human with kryptonite coursing through her body.

Its kind of funny that such a big part of the season is built upon something from the Superman mythos (Kryptonite) and then a knock off of the WW mythos (Themiscrya)

Im really glad this season isnt 22 episodes long, it's already feeling drawn out.

Glad Mary got to drive the Batmobile. Not a big fan of how they seem to be setting up a possible Alice redemption.

I guess I’ve been in the minority for liking (and defending) season 1. But I always provided a caveat: A first season (typically, an extended origin story) has many narrative advantages; and for that reason, tends to be the strongest. The real test happens in S2 — with a possible “sophomore slump” — and beyond.

Well, I’m feeling the slump. :crso: But I haven’t figured out if this is a kind of “natural” drop-off in quality... or if it’s been accelerated by the unusual swap in protagonists. Just generally, a lot of narrative attention has been devoted to introducing a new Batwoman and making a mystery of the old Batwoman’s fate. And a) I'm indifferent to both those plotlines; and b) neither would have been necessary if they had just recast the role.

:grrr:

Its kind of funny that such a big part of the season is built upon something from the Superman mythos (Kryptonite) and then a knock off of the WW mythos (Themiscrya)

Im really glad this season isnt 22 episodes long, it's already feeling drawn out.

May Zod help us if we have to go through even more episodes of Mary, Luke, and Ryan arguing over how to work together as a team.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"