Batwoman Episode 02/10 - "Time Off For Good Behavior"

Dr.

From parts unknown
Reaction score
Scheduled airdate: April 11, 2021

Synopsis:

CAN'T GET YOU OUT OF MY HEAD - As Batwoman (Javicia Leslie) focuses even more effort on taking down Black Mask (guest star Peter Outerbridge), a new foe emerges, diverting the Bat team's attention to a distressing issue in Gotham. Continually haunted by the mistakes of his past, Jacob (Dougray Scott) travels down a dangerous path in an attempt to eradicate them. Alice (Rachel Skarsten) and Julia (guest star Christina Wolfe) discover they have an enemy in common. Also starring Meagan Tandy, Nicole Kang and Camrus Johnson. Directed by Eric Dean Seaton; written by James Stoteraux and Chad Fiveash.

Promo:

What is this with these 'professionals' never checking their back seats!?:wall:

It was a decent episode. I wish they would stop sending Julia away, she's probably one of my favorites and want to see more of her. THough she'll probably be back AGAIN once she finds out her mind has been erased.

The Crows suck at security. Like really. How many times do these people need to be in the driver seat and pounced on by someone hiding in the back seat? It's happened like 3/4 times this season. It's time to retire the trick.

We have these high tech guns that magically know to separate into two beams to hit people but all it does it knock them on their feet? But they can blow up cars?

The writers, like Charmed writers, like writers for the shows in general, please just learn to feed me things inadvertently and not directly to my face. I understand where the world is right now but I need it weaved in better.

Despite Rose’s limitations as an actor, I’m finding her portrayal of Batwoman to be more engaging than Leslie’s. Or… perhaps it’s that the Kate Kane character — even with a weaker performance — is intrinsically more interesting than Ryan Wilder.

I wonder what’s going to happen when Day appears in the old role. On the one hand, a continuation of KK’s story could prove dramatically intriguing. But on the other, you don’t want the previous (and white) protagonist to outshine the new one.

Since co-starring “Batwomen” appears to be highly unlikely, I’m anticipating Day’s participation will be short lived. Thus, eventually, Kate will announce that’s she’s going on sabbatical to a Shaolin temple (or something). And we’ll never see her again. :word:

Last edited:
Despite Rose’s limitations as an actor, I’m finding her portray of Batwoman to be more engaging than Leslie’s. Or… perhaps it’s that the Kate Kane character — even with a weaker performance — is intrinsically more interesting than Ryan Wilder.

I wonder what’s going to happen when Day appears in the old role. On the one hand, a continuation of KK’s story could prove dramatically intriguing. But on the other, you don’t want the previous (and white) protagonist to outshine the new one.

Since co-starring “Batwomen” appears to be highly unlikely, I’m anticipating Day’s participation will be short lived. Thus, eventually, Kate will announce that’s she’s going on sabbatical to a Shaolin temple (or something). And we’ll never see her again. :word:

I mean, where they are going with Sophie's story is all the telegraphing that you need of where Kate's story is going...

Less Ryan and Mary interactions this episode, so that was a let down. Black Mask/Sionis continues to be a great addition. Really like plot with Jacob getting hooked on snakebite. Loved Alice in Enigma's office. Bummer Julie got written out again. Hopefully she returns. Maybe even officially join the Bat team when they write out the Crows.

And just so we are all on the same page, metal face is obviously Kate, right?

And just so we are all on the same page, metal face is obviously Kate, right?

Could be…

But in the second appearance especially (the kidnapping of Angelique), “metal face” looked like a guy. However, it was just a quick glimpse. So maybe a case of a poor stunt double match that was supposed to be Kate.

What's the deal with Mary being against Jacob for, gasp, daring to try and make the clinic legal?

I do believe she explained it in terms of just how much doctors have to report to the cops. Its not just gun shots.

I laughed my a$$ off when Jacob got 'surprised' by the guy in the back seat. No security in the garage. No locked doors on cars, apparently. And no one just glances into the back..?

And of course, he's getting hooked on Snake Nite. Yawn.

I will say, I liked watching him more than Ryder and the Bat Gang. Alice, as always is fun to watch. Since I missed several episodes (and have no desire to watch them) I was surprised that she and Pennyworth were working together. Nice duo though.

And I'm still, like, where's Kate..? When can we get back to Kate?

And I know, it may be short lived, but there it is...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"