• We experienced a brief downtime due to a Xenforo server configuration update. This was an attempt to limit bot traffic. They have rolled back and the site is now operating normally. Apologies for the inconvinience.

E's Tribute to the Hottest Band In the Land.... KISS

I highly recommend anyone who has an interest in KISS to indulge in one of their concerts. Granted, the cost of a good ticket may run one up a few dollars, but I can testify that it is worth the investment, and they provide a very sound and amazing performance live. One definitely gets their money's worth, and they put on a pretty long show. The downside is that they have so many good songs that they are limited to what they might perform. Some of the more obscure songs which I have a fancy toward unfortunately have gone by the wayside due to time constraints.

However, if one does take the time to see them on multiple occasions, it is feasible that you may have the opportunity to listen to them perform what you want to hear. At any rate, I have never been disappointed in the 5x I have seen them, and I have always made it a point to sit as close as possible. My closest seating was at the Palace in Auburn Hills approximately 10 rows back from the front stage. It was a very exhilirating and energizing performance. I left the concert at the end, and ended up at the bar having my trademark drink.

Equint77 said:
This is gonna sound lame but I've actually enjoyed VH1 this month and their tribute to Heavy Metal. I learned a lot.. A LOT about the history of the music and about a lot of the great songs and bands.

You're not the only one. I've been watching quite a bit of VH1 the last month, catching all their specials and biographies. This kind of music really came into it's own when I was in jr. high and high school back in the 80's. I also caught the VH1 Rock Honors show last night. My wife and I were just in Vegas last weekend and were truly bummed when we discovered that show was going on just a couple of days after we left as we would have loved to have extended or changed our trip to be able to attend. It was a great show, though, even though I think Paul Rodgers (who's voice I really love) has absolutely no place at all singing with Queen. The only crappy part of that show was that suck-ass emo band that absolutely butchered Leppard's "Photograph". I knew they would save KISS for last, though, because there's just no way to follow their stage show. I know a lot of people dis on KISS for their lack of musicianship and the simplicity of their song-writing and all, but there's a certain energy and personality that comes through in their songs that's unique and catchy. They've had so many hits it's unreal, so they've done something right (which is good because it makes up for that crappy disco album they did and the even crappier movie that they made; though KISS has ALWAYS been about the money and the merchandising and made no bones about it, so I don't blame them for trying). And, of all the bands being honored last night, KISS is the only one amongst them that can still perform their songs today and make them sound just like they did 20 years ago. Every other band had issues from singers who can't sing in the range they did back then to guitarists who can't quite move their fingers the way they used to. They're still great, don't get me wrong, but just not up to par with the bar they set for themselves earlier in their careers. KISS nailed their set and Paul Stanley can still sing those songs (and he admittedly sings in a pretty high register most of the time).

This past month on VH1 made for some good TV and really brought back some great memories of my teenage years when heavy metal and hard rock ruled the earth. :up:

jag

Kiss gave rock and roll to you, gave rock and roll to you
Gave rock and roll to everyone (oh yeah)
Kiss gave rock and roll to you, gave rock and roll to you
Put it in the soul of everyone

My friends and I often communicate only with quotes from Kiss Meets the Phantom of the Park.

Oh No! Evil Robot Space Ace has attacked the REAL Space ACE!!!

kissph1.jpg

It's a funny sell-out in that, in their early days they had a song about Gene trying to convince a woman to let him do her in the ass.....and then, their movie was produced by HANNA BARBERRA! lol

Excellent thread:up: I have been to 12 of their shows and loved them, but I have to admit I didn't like the shows where Ace and Peter weren't there as much. AS a matter of fact I still have some picks and towels that they threw into the audience that I was able to snag. My best memory of a concert was when me and a friend were able to go backstage during their reunion tour and talk to them, get autographs and pictures.

I actually like their songs, sure their not the greatest songs ever but they are catchy and easy to remember, just to bad they went their seperate ways again:down

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TheCat
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"