World Favorite avengers artist?

yeah alex ross is the closest to real life pictures. if you worry about movie costumes just look at an alex ross pic.
alexrossavengers.jpg

Hello All: Almost too tough to pick. I'll go with John Buscema first, and George Perez a close second. Best regards, madelow.

Another great Avengers artist: John Buscema.

busc1970.jpg

john_buscema.gif

wizarduniverse_2039_338978102.gif

380241219_c5e6a4d0a1.jpg

avengers274.jpg

300px-Avengers_276.jpg

This was such a great issue. The Vision was once my favorite Avenger...he's been screwed up a lot over the past few years, but at least we still have great storylines, such as this one; "Even An Android Can Cry", when the team accepts him and offers him membership.

EvenanAndroidCanCry.jpg

Buscema would be my pic - although come to think of it, he's also my favourite Namor and Thor artist too. Perez gets a nod (obviously) and Byrne gets a mention too (but for his West Coast work).

EDIT: Ooops - forgot about Neal Adams and Rich Buckler. Oh, and Bob Hall's Avengers work in 'Emperor Doom' made a lasting impression on me, even though it was a one-shot.

Last edited:
Another great Avengers artist: John Buscema.

busc1970.jpg

john_buscema.gif

wizarduniverse_2039_338978102.gif

380241219_c5e6a4d0a1.jpg

avengers274.jpg

300px-Avengers_276.jpg

This was such a great issue. The Vision was once my favorite Avenger...he's been screwed up a lot over the past few years, but at least we still have great storylines, such as this one; "Even An Android Can Cry", when the team accepts him and offers him membership.

EvenanAndroidCanCry.jpg

This! I love his Conan work as well. John Buscema is amazing. Def worthy of being in the same class as George Perez.

Agreed - Buscema's Namor was also awesome. Full of power, explosiveness and rage.

i am not liking john romita jr's art on the avengers. i liked it for kick-ass, but just doesn't look good to me for avengers.

Yeah, so apparently Mark Bagley can now be added to the list of Avengers artists...he, along with writer Brian Bendis have a new Avengers book coming out next month:

AVNASS2012001_cov_col.jpg

Looking forward to his take on the team. His work on Thunderbolts, another team book, was stellar!

Last edited:
Perez, Buscema and Epting with a bit of Tom Palmer thrown in...

Greg Land :o
1272918816gregland.jpg

I know he doesn't do them often, but I am probably the only person that likes Greg Land :o

Jim Chueg
2011-12-06-avengers_v_x_men_big.jpg

Mike Deadeto
images

Last edited:
Same with me Cap. Tho Pollard did some amazing stuff as well, kind of tied with me. I think the tie breaker is George tried to get EVERY Marvel character in stories.
For me, it HAS to be George Perez...

GeorgePerez.jpg

158948-6443-george-perez_super.jpg

Avg30tha.jpg

I love his battle scenes...he's great at showing two teams of heroes throwing down...

panel_avg_supreme_b.jpg

And of course; he draws some of the most beautiful women at Marvel...

BYRNE6.jpg

Not a real fan of Mad - always struck me as a 'style over substance' type artist, more concerned with producing a dynamic splash page than a decent storytelling narrative. There's no doubt he can embue his work with an amazing sense of energy and it can look pretty cool but really that's all there is to it for me.

Not a real fan of Mad - always struck me as a 'style over substance' type artist, more concerned with producing a dynamic splash page than a decent storytelling narrative. There's no doubt he can embue his work with an amazing sense of energy and it can look pretty cool but really that's all there is to it for me.

Unfortunately, a lot of the more modern comic artists are like that...

Perez, the Buscemas, John Byrne.

Loved Steve Epting during the 90's, during The Gatherers arc, Galactic Storm, Blood Ties plus his modern Cap stuff is even better.

Dave Ross had a good run on Avengers West Coast.

Big John Buscema beez da man during the Avengers' classic 1960's run...

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"