Favourite sci fi?

Silvermoth

Krakoan native
Reaction score
Hi everyone,

What's your favourite science fiction story over various media?

Here's mine

Books:
Isaac asimovs caves of steel

Video games:
Mass effect 3 easily

Movies:
Star Trek

Television:
Doctor who, can anything really compare?

Yours?

Book: A Voyage to Arcturus

Video games (not a gamer, don't know any)

Movies: 2001: A Space Odyssey

Television: Star Trek: Deep Space Nine

Don't read books

Games: dead space

movies: the thing

don't watch television

Books: Asimov's Foundation series, Gibson's Neuromancer pulls up a close second. I also highly recommend Glasshouse by Charles Stross.

Games: I'm not a huge gamer or anything, but I'd say Mass Effect has some of the best characters, world building and diversity of species and cultures.

Movies
If it is a cliche to say 2001: A Space Odyssey is one of if not THE best, it is only because it is often stated and pretty much a flat fact.

TV: Either Star Trek, Ghost in the Shell or the first 3 seasons of BSG.

Movies:

- Minority Report
- Dark City
- The Matrix

- Terminator 2: Judgment Day
- I, Robot

TV:

- Firefly

- Star Trek
- Star Trek: The Next Generation

- Star Trek: Deep Space Nine

Last edited:
Movies:

Alien
The Fifth Element
Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy
District 9

TV

Firefly
Dr Who

Books: Any literature pertaining to SW or Star Trek, also partial to Issac Asimov

Movies: Star Wars, Star Trek, The Last Starfighter, Tron, Tron Legacy, Flash Gordon, Battle Beyond the Stars (Roger Corman flick, essentially Magnificent Seven in Space ), A.I. , John Carpneter's: The Thing, Robocop, The Terminator, LOTRs, among countless others.

T.V. Star Trek: TOS, Star Trek: TNG, Star Trek: Deep Space Nine, Star Trek: Voyager, Star Wars: Clone Wars, The X-Files, Smallville

Video games: Mass Effect, Resident Evil series, Dead Space, Dead Island, Metroid, Zombies Ate my Neighbors (Sega Genesis/ SNES game), Fallout, Star Wars: KOTOR, Star Wars: Battlefront.

Last edited:
Books, I guess Isaac Asimovs I, robot, h. G. Welles' island of doctor Moreau, or hitchhikers guide to the galaxy
I don't play an overabundance of sci fi games
Movies, I guess Star Wars, either that or Jurassic park, maybe Star Trek into darkness.
TV, doctor who, firefly or dollhouse.

Video games:
Halo

Movies:
Star Wars

Television:
Firefly

Video Game: Chrono Trigger

Television: Star Trek franchise

Book: The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy

Radio: Doctor Who

Film: This is a tough one. I love a ton of sci-fi movies, and I don't think I could narrow this list down to a top 3, let alone one.

Books:
The Mad Scientist Hall of Fame

Video games:
Dont play video games.

Movies:
Aliens, Altered States, Gojira, Inception

Television:
The Walking Dead

Books: Timothy Zahn Trilogy
Video Games: Mass Effect or Knights of the Old Republic
Movies: Star Wars

Books: I have only read the Mass Effect novels so I'll go with those.

Games: Kotor and Mass Effect.

Movies: Star Wars, no contest.

TV: I would say Smallville. Though I would put shows like Farscape, Firefly and Space Above and Beyond close behind.

Books: The Cornelius Quartet, Hawkmoon: History of the Runestaff, The City in the Autumn Stars, Relic, Reliquary, The Dragons of Babel.

Films: Aliens, the Riddick series.

Videogames: Dead Space.

Dragons of Babel is really more science-fantasy; you have science fiction technology in a world populated by dragons, elves, dwarves, various fey and mystical beasts. The tone of the story is more in line with cyberpunk. I adore this novel, I can't go on enough about it. Reliquary has human/reptillian monster things running around the subways and old tunnels of NY. The B-plot involves an uprising of the homeless veterans and disenfranchised lower class people. One of those monsters murdered a homeless person. The murder was ignored, and people from the higher social classes even blamed the tunnel dwellers. Very interesting subplot, and the "mole people" do actually exist, according to the authors.

Last edited:
Book: I am Legend

Well known Film: E.T. OR The Matrix

Indie Film: Another Earth

TV Show: Firefly OR X-Files

Last edited:
Good call on I am legend. I really enjoy its speculative approach to old horror tropes.

Film

Star Wars Episodes IV-VI
Star Trek (2009, Into Darkness, WOK, III, Undiscovered Country.)
Alien
Aliens
The Terminator
The Matrix
Doctor Who: The Movie

TV

Doctor Who
Star Trek (Enterprise, TOS, TNG)
X-Files
Fringe
Batman Beyond

Literature

Authors: Harlan Ellison, Michael Crichton, The New Jedi Order (series)

Games

Doom, Halo, Timesplitters

Good call on I am legend. I really enjoy its speculative approach to old horror tropes.

Yeah it's a really interesting and well written story that had me completed invested in the character, and the world evolving around him. (Plus, I love the whole introduction and use of the dog :)).

God damn that movie... :cmad:

Movies: Gattaca, Matrix, District 9, The Day the Earth Stood Still, Them, Phase 4,

Books: 2001, Starship Troopers, Ender's Game, I Am Legend, Planet of the Apes,

TV: Twilight Zone, Star Trek, Doctor Who, Fringe, X Files, Dollhouse, Continuum

Movies: Terminator 1 & 2, Escape from L.A, Jurassic Park

Games: Resident Evil, Assassin's Creed
Yeah it's a really interesting and well written story that had me completed invested in the character, and the world evolving around him. (Plus, I love the whole introduction and use of the dog :)).

Away that movie... :cmad:
I don't like damnation, but I like the movie
Why dislike it?

Movies: Star Wars, Blade Runner, Moon, Inception, A Clockwork Orange, Jurassic Park, Terminator 2

Books: The Cat's Cradle, Hitchhicker's Guide,

Games: Mass Effect, Assassin's Creed (it is when you break it down)

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"