• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Favourite villain of 2017?

Silvermoth

Krakoan native
Reaction score
It's that time of the year. Who is your fave of 2017?

Of the comics/sci fi films so far I'd say Hela from Thor Ragnarok.

Unsure though if Snoke or Kylo Ren can or will take that spot for me with TLJ still another 2 weeks away.

Luv from BR 2049 with The Horde from Split a close second. Not sure why Joi is listed as a villain.

The Horde definitely. Dunno why that didn't make the list.

Runner-up fav would be Jason Sudeikis's character in Colossal.

Hela and Pennywise are definitely my favorites. I also chose that I'd wait for Star Wars and White People in Get Out. :funny:

I assumed Joi actually meant Luv, so I voted for her, along with Hela, the Grandmaster, Vulture, white people, It, Ego and Cipher.

I think you meant to list Luv from Blade Runner, not Joi.

Luv was my favorite villain of 2017. CBMs had good villains too - Ego, Vulture and Hela.

Worst villain - Steppy.

There's also Star Wars with The Third R... First Order. I'm pretty sure they will be good at the very least.

Toss-up between Pennywise, Hela, and Ares. I liked Steppenwolf, Ego, and Vulture too.

I'd have to go with the Vulture from Spiderman.

Pennywise easily.

I also lol’d at the poll answer “white people (get out)” :funny:

The Death Goddess and the Killer Clown, in that order.

2w.gif

source.gif

Luv* from Blade Runner 2049 was phenomenal, and Bill Skarsgård killed it as Pennywise. Also voted for Star Wars and whatever they will bring, and Hela even though I haven't seen Ragnarok yet. It's Cate Blanchett, c'mon.

Pennywise and Hela easily. Especially the former because while I expected a phenomenal performance, I still ended up being far more blown away than I anticipated.

The Horde from Split (which...again...it's absurd that this didn't make the list)

Pennywise from It is my second choice.

Luv and Pennywise stand out above the rest but there have been a fair few decent comic book ones this year between Logan, Homecoming and Guardians etc but these two really were better than anything else I saw.

I'm so happy everyone loved Hela as much as I did

How is The Horde not on this list?

Also, best villain for me this year was The Colonol from War Of The Planet Of The Apes, he was awesome, as was the movie.

Buddy, Ego, Hela, Penny-wise, Luv and Vulture were also great

Well, I'm calling it now. Hela was the most popular villain of 2017!

I wonder who the most popular villain of 2018 will be?

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stevezorz
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"