FBI STILL Searching for Hoffa

Erzengel

|-o-| (-o-) |-o-|
Reaction score
Not in Giant's Stadium

MILFORD TOWNSHIP, Michigan (May 18) - The FBI said it was searching property northwest of Detroit for clues to the disappearance of Jimmy Hoffa, a powerful union leader who was last seen more than 30 years ago. TV newscasts showed people with shovels and freshly turned dirt at the site.

Agent Dawn Clenney, an FBI spokeswoman, said the bureau executed a search warrant Wednesday in Milford Township, about 35 miles from Detroit.

Investigators are looking for "evidence of criminal activity that may have occurred under previous ownership" on the property, Clenney said.

Asked if they were looking for Hoffa's remains, she said, "Could be," but declined to comment further.

A law enforcement source in Washington, D.C., said Wednesday's search was based on information developed several years ago and verified more recently.

There was suspicious activity on the farm the day Hoffa vanished, with a backhoe appearing near a barn, the source said, speaking on condition of anonymity because the investigation is continuing.

Organized crime figures had used the area for meetings, but the location was never used again after Hoffa disappeared, the source said.

The Teamsters leader was last seen in July 1975 at a Michigan restaurant.

Reporters were not allowed on the property, described by local media as a horse farm. Images shot from news helicopters showed about a dozen people, some with shovels, standing by an area of newly turned dirt.

Deb Koskovich, 52, said one of her neighbors told her after she moved next door to the farm in 1985 that Hoffa was buried there.

"He laughed and we laughed and that was the end of that," said Koskovich, adding that she would be surprised if Hoffa's remains were found. "I never thought about it again until today."

Clenney said the bureau receives numerous leads about Hoffa and "this was one we felt we needed to follow up on."

In May 2004, authorities ripped up the floorboards of a Detroit home where Frank Sheeran, a one-time Hoffa ally, had claimed he shot Hoffa to death. But no evidence related to the infamous, unsolved killing was found.

Thanks for burning my tax dollars up on something useless. :up:

jag

Theyll only find him once they tear down giants stadium.

I think I saw him the other day running a bicycle shop next to FBI headquarters here in DC.

jaguarr said:
Thanks for burning my tax dollars up on something useless. :up:

jag
but America needs closure. Or what if he's really been locked up in a sex-dungeon all this time, being fed one turnip a day and all the water that will cling to a fork? :(

Demon Within said:
Theyll only find him once they tear down giants stadium.

No they wants. A bunch of guys went through Giants Stadium with scanning equipment. No sign of Hoffa.

The Question said:
No they wants. A bunch of guys went through Giants Stadium with scanning equipment. No sign of Hoffa.

eek7.gif

The Question said:

I think those bunch of guys were two and they were from MythBusters.

I was pretty sure that there were more than two people there when they scanned the place.

This guy's even harder to find than that Waldo guy!

The Question said:
I was pretty sure that there were more than two people there when they scanned the place.

There have probably been repeated scanning of the stadium.

Jimmy Hoffa is living on a caribbean island with Elvis and the bones of Amelia Earhardt

War Lord said:
There have probably been repeated scanning of the stadium.

They have aknowledged that there is no way to find out if he is infact under giants stadium until it is torn down. Reason being is someone claimed that when they poured the cement for the foundation his body was put in sealing him inside and under tons and tons of metal,rock and sometimes people. You cant scan for him there.

Dew k. Mosi said:
Jimmy Hoffa is living on a caribbean island with Elvis and the bones of Amelia Earhardt

Actually, he's in Bora Bora, but you were close.

jag

Mythbusters already proved that his body couldn't be in Giants Stadium anyways. :o

Edit: Someone beat me to it.

They scanned the ground of Giants Stadium in the spots where his body was supposedly located, and found nil.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SunStorm333
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"