FL Man dies after bug eating contest

DJ_KiDDvIcIOUs

Avenger
Reaction score
Authorities in Broward County, Florida, are investigating the death of a man who won a local reptile store's bug-eating contest, which required contestants to eat dozens of live insects and worms for the chance to take home a python.

32-year-old Edward Archbold of West Palm Beach was declared the winner of Friday night's contest at the Ben Siegel Reptile Store in Deerfield Beach, but he soon started to feel unwell. According to the Broward County sheriff's office, Archbold began to vomit the untold number of cockroaches he consumed before collapsing.

He was rushed to Broward Health North hospital where doctors pronounced his death.

Other contestants consumed a similar volume of insects but none had experienced similar medical problems. An official cause of death is pending.

I don't think a snake is worth eating any amount of cockroaches but that's just me I guess

di-ZZDM.gif

He probably died of all the pesticide on the bugs. That **** can kill a human in a skinny minute, but roaches just laugh at it.

This is utterly disgusting!! NO snake or prize for that matter is worth ingesting roaches or bugs.

Thought this title said: ''E-Man dies after bug eating contest''

I was like the &@#!

Just thinning the herd.

Is a python that damn expensive/rare/sacred people would eat live roaches?

Is a python that damn expensive/rare/sacred people would eat live roaches?
Depends on the species. A Burmese Python usually costs about 50$-$150, assuming its not some kind of rare morph. But some of the other species such as Womas, Angolans, and Blackheaded pythons can easily go into a price tag of 4 digits.

Depends on the species. A Burmese Python usually costs about 50$-$150, assuming its not some kind of rare morph. But some of the other species such as Womas, Angolans, and Blackheaded pythons can easily go into a price tag of 4 digits.

Enough to put your life at risk, like this poor sap?? I think not!! :BA

So...I'm convinced more than ever that all warning labels need to be taken off of things.

Eating live roaches for a damn snake. At least do it for Fear Factor type money. His dumbass.

remember that one show where this guy was eating bull's balls?...

I'd eat those ANY day of the week than live roaches...

One would think the giveaway of a python would bug the authorities, considering how Florida is being overtaken by serpents.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SunStorm333
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"