Florence Pugh IS Yelena Belova

Black Widow is trending in America and look who the runner up is. Sweet little sis Yelena Belova ❤️‍♀️:ali::bw:

20210710_040917.jpg

I can't say I LOVED her or Pugh in the role but I can see how she can be used as a legacy character quite well. She was fine but... I was still feeling not much of anything by the finish.

In terms of stories that set up a legacy character replacement, I'd say this was one of the more effective ones. I'm looking forward to seeing more stories with Yelena's character, and the fact that someone is
carrying out BW's legacy and pursuing vengeance for her sort of makes up for the fact that her death was overshadowed by Tony's in Endgame.

Florence Pugh is one of the most talented actresses alive today. She stole this movie. Best thing to happen to the MCU since Owen Wilson.

28eba4a62f739107840e17eebea148db01c365e0.gifv
a1290565105468a6a72acc02501efa9979a5b41b.gifv

I'm not usually a fan of legacy characters but Pugh was amazing and I want to definitely see her as the new BW.

Same. As a concept, legacy characters typically don't excite me at all.

When writing any sort of "replacement character" (comics or otherwise), writers always have a pretty huge task of making it feel like the character is more than just a replacement. Obviously one of the most important things is to actually have the original interact with the replacement and have some sort of relationship with them...nothing feels more artificial than having an old character leave and a replacement walk in next episode with no crossover between the two and no proper buildup to the transition, which this movie helps avoid (though it would have done so better had it released before Infinity War). But other than that the character really needs to stand out as a worthwhile alternative to the original, who you already have a longstanding sentimental attachment towards.

Basically, Yelena's personality needed to come out swinging a lot harder than Natasha's did in Iron Man 2, which they were successful at achieving.

Same. As a concept, legacy characters typically don't excite me at all.

When writing any sort of "replacement character" (comics or otherwise), writers always have a pretty huge task of making it feel like the character is more than just a replacement. Obviously one of the most important things is to actually have the original interact with the replacement and have some sort of relationship with them...nothing feels more artificial than having an old character leave and a replacement walk in next episode with no crossover between the two and no proper buildup to the transition, which this movie helps avoid (though it would have done so better had it released before Infinity War). But other than that the character really needs to stand out as a worthwhile alternative to the original, who you already have a longstanding sentimental attachment towards.

Basically, Yelena's personality needed to come out swinging a lot harder than Natasha's did in Iron Man 2, which they were successful at achieving.

I liked John Walker in FATWS. He was meant to be a legacy Captain America and his replacement, but it became quickly evident that he could never replace Steve Rogers and was failing hard at it, and this bothered him.

I liked John Walker in FATWS. He was meant to be a legacy Captain America and his replacement, but it became quickly evident that he could never replace Steve Rogers and was failing hard at it, and this bothered him.

Well I haven't watched FATWS yet on account of not having Disney+ in my country yet, so I'm not sure who that is and I'd appreciate any further comments on that in spoilers tags.

Well I haven't watched FATWS yet on account of not having Disney+ in my country yet, so I'm not sure who that is and I'd appreciate any further comments on that in spoilers tags.

What I've said is from the comics and not specifically from the series. John Walker is US Agent who did replace Cap in the comics and failed at it. I always keep specific things from the series or films in spoiler tags unless it's been out a long while.

I haven't seen this movie, but it'd be interesting if the new Black Widow was actually more of an antagonist this time around within the MCU. Otherwise you're just gonna get Black Widow 2.0.

I haven't seen this movie, but it'd be interesting if the new Black Widow was actually more of an antagonist this time around within the MCU. Otherwise you're just gonna get Black Widow 2.0.

It shouldn't be a spoiler to say that this is most definitely NOT the path they're taking with this version of Yelena.

Without spoiling it for you. Yelena is not like Natasha at all in fact she has much more impulsive and headstrong

Haven't even finished the movie and had to give Florence her credentials, not only is she fine as hell but she is one of the best actors right now in Hollywood,her range is actually mad. She has a great future ahead of her

Without spoiling it for you. Yelena is not like Natasha at all in fact she has much more impulsive and headstrong
Exactly. She seems quite noticeably different already.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"